How actually do you feel?

In my case, it only went for a day.

1 Like

A few weeks to a month, but I then had the smell of smoke constantly in the background. So I bought essential oils of smells I was familiar with to try and retrain my smell as some smells still smelt different. Took a few weeks but got rid of the smoke smell bit and made other smells more like they used too.

Probably took six months total to get my smell back to full sensitivity. The only thing that doesn’t smell the same as before is cannabis of all things :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I still frequently have phantosmia 7 months after Covid. Its fecking annoying.

1 Like

Lots of things still tasting sickly sweet (think mouthful of Castor Sugar sweet) here, 18 months later :frowning:

1 Like

18 months on and my daughter still has problems. She can’t differentiate between coffee and cannabis, which in her job is causing problems, she keeps trying to obtain a warrant to search costa and starbucks.

4 Likes

Funny that it’s cannabis for me too, to me it smells the same as when you open a cheap beer now. But thankfully can still smell clearly and have learnt to recognise it.

1 Like

TF. Wet spliffs are pish

Perhaps not so surprising, as Cannabis and Humulus (hops) are both in the same plant family, and do actually smell somewhat similar. Hops can even have a mild sedative effect, albeit due to a different class of chemical compounds to those in weed. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Can you smoke hops then?

Yep, hops in a pillow case is supposed to give a more restful nights sleep.
I prefer the sleep of drunken stupor. I’m not wasting my good hops on a pillow.

2 Likes

Anything is possible if you’re brave enough.

1 Like

You can guarantee that it has been tried, I even had a go at that banana skin urban myth as a kid!

1 Like

Older kids like you saved me the bother. Thanks :+1::clap::clap:

1 Like

Saving that one, easy mistake to make, that whole beer/weed difference hocifer👌

1 Like

Many years ago we ran out of tobacco but still had a fair chunk of hashish left at a party in my mates house one night. So we decided loose tea would be an ideal substitute, it wasn’t, it was so awful we decided to grind up my some of his mum’s pou pourri as someone had read somewhere… A headache with a magnitude of pain I’ve never experienced previously or since quickly took hold and lasted for ten hours. How to kill a party. Everyone went home liberally puking hyacinth and cider scented sick on the way.

6 Likes

pot pourri?
With a bit of thought you could have made a bong, or a simple chillum or even hot knives.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Simply spotting on a stove top would do.

2 Likes

LOL I didn’t realise hot knives was a thing outside of Glasgow! Many a night turning green after one of them. It was a party so we wanted a dutchie to pass. And if it didn’t go left there would be fcking war.

We are getting closer to train spotting by the minute… Headstand buckets were fashionable for a while in my circles.

could have used a casserole pot.
You mean a koutchie surely.