How actually do you feel?

We just thought a dutchie meant a joint and the song stated it had to go left. The politics and protest passed us by at 16 in 1993. Though the pass to the left rule has maintained itself to this day though i seldom partake,

If I remember rightly Musical Youth had to change the lyric to dutchie (a cooking pot) because the singer was something like 6 at the time.
The Mighty Diamonds recorded the original version.

3 Likes

Nothing I can think of regarding smoking hash was new after about 1970 and probably before that.

1 Like

Two litre plastic bottle bucket bongs.

[/quote]
Nothing I can think of regarding smoking hash was new after about 1970 and probably before that.
[/quote]
Did you shake a knife to smash the bottom off a glass bottle of irn bru to make the hot knife receptacle. And when said irn bru bottle was black with oil did you scrape the oil and recycle it onto some rizzlas for a double dip. Waste nothing! seen someone drink bong water a long time ago, didnt end well.

That’s for buckets or parachutes. Hot knives need a glass bottle for health and safety reasons

Yep glass, usually Newcastle Brown bottles in my day, for hot knives. It was a reply to Kevin about nothing new since 1970. Don’t think we had the 2 lt two tier bottles until the late 70’s in the UK.

1 Like

Struggling a bit with the Slaughterhouse thread at the moment (no fault of yours Guy).
My Mum, despite all her faults, is causing us great concern.
Mobility is restricted, eyesight is questionable, nerves constantly jangling, serious Paranoia, yet she still insists on driving.
She’s 83, lives in a lovely leafy suburb very close to ALL amenities, and a close group of friends. She insists that she needs the car to get around to various appointments and meetings (?), none of which she couldn’t reach by a plethora of Public Transport. Besides, as she has a registered disability, she gets vouchers for Taxis.

And yes, she lives in Adelaide.
Phone calls, Messenger, Email, FaceTime (or whatever it’s called), have had no affect. She won’t give up her car…unless…and here’s the kicker…I move back to help her. She has also restarted the whole bullshit about wanting to give me Medical Power of Attorney.

More fucking guilt riven blackmail.

Narelle and I have been starting to get back to a really good place. A few things have gotten us down over the last 6 months, not including Covid bullshit.
But we both really felt like we had turned a corner.

I know others are having it tougher, and I appreciate our lifestyle choices have driven some of our woes, but I can’t help feeling that we are being dealt cards from the bottom of the pack.

1 Like

That is a shitty situation Terry. Hopefully you, or somebody else close, will be able to make her see sense about the car.

Oh dear. My one wish into old age is that I don’t end up being a massive cunt to my kids. I don’t want to guilt trip them in any way, and I don’t want to impose on them massively, or indeed at all.

That said, I know I’ll be dead happy going into a home where I have a great gaming rig and a generous booze allowance, and as soon as my scores drop below a pre-agreed level I’m shipped off to Switzerland.

All the best with yours. Under no circumstances fuck off back to Oz, you know this :+1:

4 Likes

:point_up_2: this.

1 Like

All the best sorting it all out.

1 Like

Struggling Again. Fucking back.
Just got back from my first consultation with the spinal clinician. It has been 13 months since I base jumped my staircase and since having an MRI in August after being referred last May because despite the hospital declaring my pain was all down to the 4 broken ribs my pain wouldn’t ease. I had a December follow up consultation cancelled due to Omicron and the 3rd booster re-allocation of staff.
I finally had the consultation in March and was told 2 vertebrae were fractured and I needed to be referred to the spinal unit. I had that consultation today which started with spine x-rays so the consultant could see if there was any change in the state of my spine as I’ve been in agony for months. He showed me the X-rays and fucking hell the 2 vertebrae have disintegrated. Now I have to have an operation to try to rebuild them which comes with a plethora of risks.
Bastard.

Really sorry to hear this. Hopefully they’ll table to perform the operation quickly and you’ll finally be out of pain

1 Like

Sorry to hear this. It sounds like at least they’re getting a better grip on the problem though, not that that makes it any less painful right now.

Here’s hoping they can get you in quickly and that it goes well.

1 Like

I can only empathise mate.

I sometimes give-in to guilt - but with age, I’ve got a better grip on it: truth is, it’s a self-indulgent emotion, does no-one any good.

Fact is, she’s made her choices, for her self, there’s no reason you have to tear-up your life (or your emotions), when she won’t yield in any way herself.

End of.

By way of faintly morbid coincidence, I heard from my brother today that my mother’s taken a turn for the worse. But then, she’s in the hands of competent carers, and no longer has a clue who I am, so I’m not even going to be travelling as far as fucking Bournemouth, never mind friggin Adelaide. I realised the last time I visited her - last Autumn - that the next time I see her, will be at a her funeral.

So if nothing else, you can reassure yourself that there’s always a worse person out there than you, no matter what you do :fist_right: :fist_left: :people_hugging:

3 Likes

I hope you find pain relief and receive good treatment.

1 Like

Thanks all.
Having just read Mick’s incredibly sad post in the CP thread, I’m fluctuating between feeling like a moaning git and shitting myself about what could go wrong.

Monkeypox gonna getcha…

Something to look forward to on our imminent visit to Lisbon :+1:

1 Like