Oh blimey guys, starting to get real now 
My kid’s school had a half term skiing trip to Italy. The entire group are off school until further notice, including my friend’s son who is studying for his A levels. I think he is quite stressed.
The school I deliver to is closed until tomorrow for deep cleaning due to suspected exposure, I’m sure they’ll be chuffed to bits if they have to go through that again because their Postie should possibly be self isolating.
Lauren is on the trip with her 2 best mates, and one of their mums, who only lives around the corner, has offered to let the 3 of them live in their caravan on the driveway for the 14 days. I suspect they will absolutely love that, and it solves a big problem for 3 families.
Hmm… 
I guess all you have to do is to chip in towards the deep clean that’ll be necessary if any of them comes down with the coronavirus.
Actually, thinking about it, after 14 days of being occupied by three teenage girls the van might well need a deep clean even if none of them has got sick. Or maybe just towing to local waste ground and torching.
VB
Could be worse, the boys on the trip will have to do the same thing…

Unfortunately the caravan idea has fallen through for some reason.
Back to plan “A” of locking her in her room with a bucket, a microwave and 42 packs of Uncle Bens rice.
Asked work about wether or not to come in tomorrow and they said No, then rang me back to say that it would be 2 weeks unpaid emergency leave, because it’s counted as looking after a sick child, rather than me self isolating. Fuck that, I’m going to have to work, and the Union are talking to senior management on my behalf.
Bell them you’ve found someone to daughter sit and your happy to come in - Cough a few times - They will pay you to stay away.
What a load of farmyard. You have been told to self isolate because of possible contamination, as far as you know you don’t have a sick child, it’s a preventative measure. If they say you must stay away from work, that’s their decision and not yours. I’d let them know that you’re willing to work. They may well change their mind.
I’ve told them I am coming in. the current 111 advice is if you can stay out of physical contact, not in close proximity for more than 15 mins and maintain handwashing and hard surface cleaning then you can have someone isolated within a family group without anyone else isolating. expecting a 15 year old kid wiping up every surface she touches, etc etc. what a fucking joke.
Good man, the balls in their court, as are the possible consequences of their decision. A young family, healthy parents, I don’t think that you have too much to worry about. Although I’d ban you from any bake offs and at least 5 miles from our house 
Louise been told not to come into work - she has a cold (quite a bad one I have to say.
I have been practising running the department from home today. MS Teams seems to be working well…
No way Donna or I can survive on sick pay, we’ll be going to work unless they pay us to stay away.
Please rename thread to WE’RE ALL DOOMED!
We’ve had today’s semi-pointless meet up at work in London and they’ve told us this will be the last for a while. FINALLY.
Sam’s working from home today - not virus reasons, simply cos she can sometimes - needless to say our normally shaky internet is in full crap-out mode again, and BT “might have it fixed by Friday”.
Speakerphoning their call centre was hilarious - chap claiming to be in Dublin was clearly Indian putting-on a truly dreadful Oirish accent. Confidence-boosting stuff…
Fuck-all to do with anything really, just thinking ahead to “stay-home” time…
Not been into work today. Yesterday a memo went round from Human Remains saying ‘do not come in if feeling ill in any way, even if it is just a headache.’ I woke up this morning feeling terribly nauseous and with a banging head. I think it’s the side effects of the anti-inflammitory drug I’ve been taking for my knee but I’m stuck with the protocol.
Fucked off with this winter tbh, I need the rain to fuck off, the sun to shine and the constant illness and other shit to go away.
A good deal of the products I sell come from
Italy, should prove interesting.

