How do you feel? (Part 1)

That’s the AA membership reduced by 75% then.

1 Like

Great band. Their last release went viral.

5 Likes

How is your health currently?

Not too bad, just always tired. I don’t think I’m a particularly high risk as I’m not on much in the way of immunosuppressants, just a bit of prednisolone.

Consumption is 60%-70% of GDP in a Western Economy. If people stop consuming (e.g. they stay in to avoid getting ill) then a recession is even more likely than before. Unfortunately, investment booms are almost universally too late. That is, we would need the investment now and not in two years time when it is likely to produce crowding out and inflation.

EDIT: meanwhile it is carnage in the markets today. Falls of 7-10% are common.

Good to hear.

Due to go to meeting with scout leader tonight. He has just got back from his ski trip to northern Italy.
Thankfully he has been told to self-isolate.

1 Like

Sensible approach.

Lady who works in the canteen of our local primary was told to go to work despite having been in Northern Italy, flying via Milan and having cold symptoms.

Governors sent her home and fortunately test was negative.

This was a couple of weeks ago and advice has changed.

Good to see that the UK is taking this seriously. I present Wash your Lyrics

I’ve prepared this for immediate national use

1 Like

So … panic buying and panic selling. You gotta love the free market. It always knows what to do in a crisis.

VB

2 Likes

Seems that it’s reached Shetland Mainland

A fine Italian red :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Warwick Tesco has bog roll in stock in case anyone fancies a day trip out.

And also, handwash has been mostly obliterated but Imperial Leather soap, which is as good as anything for actually being soap? Two full boxes on the shelf.

We stayed away from Sainsburys this weekend but Mrs VB went this morning and got own-brand soap, among other things. She said the loo roll shelves were about half full. So I guess the re-stocking is coping, at least to an extent. She did get the last bunch of spring onions though.

VB

Screenshot (35)

Top man.

10 Likes

@Rob998 Is your daughter still in Rome? Have you had any advice on whether the school party will need to self isolate when they return?

One of my boys school friends is just back from a weekend skiing in Italy, and the school have told him to stay at home for 2 weeks, and advised the rest of the class not to see him during this period.

She flies home today, and she has to self isolate for 14 days.

So she’ll be confined to her bedroom for a fortnight, and she gets the family bathroom to herself while Ellie will have to use our ensuite. Loads of hand washing etc.

I need to ask work what they want me to do, I deliver to some elderly people in sheltered housing and a school. I’m already on an attendance warning because I was off for 3 weeks last month after hurting my back so I need to know if self isolation would take that up to the next level. And Claire needs to see what the situation with her college is, and ditto Ellie.

3 Likes