How do you feel? (Part 1)

On the plus side, the return journey might end with a spell in quarantine.

I think I’d quite enjoy that tbh.

With careful planning, you could do a world tour with two weeks free board and lodging in every country.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Landfill of utter drivel a.k.a Jim’s jokes

5 Likes

Should read ‘Coronavirus reaches Brexitland’ really.

1 Like

Update. He got back from S Korea on Sunday. He had travelled from Seoul to Busan on the bullet train (which passes through Cheongdo or Daegu (each is one of the hotspots).

He had Monday off and his employer rang him and said “don’t come in for 2 weeks please”. His colleague presented himself to a site and was turned away.

Today his wife was sent home from my office for 2 weeks. One of the ladies in my office has an auto immune illness and has no immune system.

I also know of two other people at totally separate businesses who have been sent home having been in Northern Italy last week.

I wish London was off limits. I’m sick to the back teeth of going down there at the moment.

It might be soon!

Work was canvassing opinion today on what isn’t accessible when WFH for, say, two weeks.

We had to send out a CV briefing to staff today, a couple of schools closed in the local area.

FoL#2 Lauren is due to go on a school history trip to Rome and Pompeii the week after next, just had an email from school saying if it gets cancelled due to the virus there’s not going to be a refund of the £600 I’ve shelled out… :rage:

edit: I read it again, If we cancel due to etc, there’s no refund. She’s definitely going.

2 Likes

BBC were saying that where you stand in refunds etc depends on Foreign Office advice.
If they say do not travel then the decision not to travel has been taken away from you.
Worth checking a few consumer sites

1 Like

Rome and Pompeii are hundreds of miles away from the lock down areas, unless Rome gets shut down in the next week or so she’ll be going. If the school cancels there’ll be a riot if they don’t refund, there’s kids who go to that school who’s parents really have to sacrifice stuff to send their kids on these trips.

3 Likes

Actually my biggest worry is that she has a massive Latte habit, I’m concerned she’ll spunk all her spending money on one central Rome Starbucks…

2 Likes

Whatever you do, don’t show her
the coffee thread. :tired_face:

3 Likes

She’s unlikely to find a Starbucks in Italy - there are only a couple in Milan afaik.
And more to the point, why on earth would you go to a Starbucks in Italy?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

True :+1:

Accurater :+1:

2 Likes