How do you feel? (Part 1)

Ouch.

Looks like Christmas movement restrictions are under review.

Surprised!

I would respect them if they have the stones to reverse that family mixing policy. I didn’t think they would have it in them.

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/british-medical-journal-health-service-journal-christmas-bubble_uk_5fd880f8c5b6218b42ebf965?aul

An update regarding my daughters post covid fatigue and respiratory difficulty, as described previously on the ‘Today I have been’ thread.
Following two courses of antibiotics which had no effect, her GP sent her to the covid unit at the hospital as a walking wounded patient for examination.
She has nothing but praise for the quick, thorough and courteous attention she received. Within 3 hours she was back home following, chest x-ray, ecg, bloods, swabs and a full physical examination. Fortunately nothing sinister was found and the doctor described to her what the post covid problems were and why she was feeling the way she does. Additionally, she must return tomorrow for a ct scan to exclude the possibility of a pulmonary thrombus forming, this is exceptional care/treatment that she is receiving. All in all, apart from feeling tired and breathless, she is functioning normally and the effects of covid hopefully will recede over time.
A much relieved dad, especially as I couldn’t accompany her on her visit. I think I’ve worn a pathway in the carpet due to pacing.

26 Likes

John, I think I’m in exactly the same boat as your daughter, but a few weeks behind. If she’s happy for you to share what she was told, I’d be interested.

I’ve just finished my 1st course of antibiotics and don’t feel any difference, I don’t think it’s a secondary infection, I’ve had a serious chest infection in the past, and although it felt very similar, it’s not the same, I was coughing up huge gobs of technicolour phlegm with that, and with this I’m not.

Waiting on the result of my X-ray, but it could be a week or so before the results come through.

BTW Did she go to Whiston?

It was indeed Whiston.
Basically the doctor was saying that as a reaction to the virus that cells/tissue in the airways became swollen, (I assume inflamed/a tad oedematous) and that this would of course reduce her uptake of oxygen and disposal of carbon dioxide., hence the feeling of fatigue, shortness of breath and generally feeling lousy and requiring frequent rest. Time will/should resolve this problem but ’ how long is a piece of string’, the length of recovery is different for everyone.
How are you Rob, still no better ?

1 Like

Thanks, that’s useful. It’ll be useful when I talk to my GP in the next day or so.

I wasn’t surprised it was Whiston, when my mum had to go there when she fell and broke her wrist recently, they were properly pro active and efficient, They were instrumental in forcing Halton Social services (don’t get me started on them…) to provide some home help for her.

The contrast between them and Warrington, where she went when she had a fall in February, who just shoved her out to a respite care room until I got a stairlift installed for her is really quite stark…

1 Like

I had similar experiences with Warrington on numerous occasions with my Mum, a veritable shithole of inadequacy. Whiston has always come through for us, even down to the paediatric consultant demanding a snotty kiss from my grandson and then sharing her sandwiches with him.

She’s right on the border between Whistons and Warringtons patch, so it’s a toss up where she’d end up, but I need to tell her to insist on Whiston if she has any problems in the future.

I’m sure the staff at Warrington are just as dedicated, but the organisation isn’t really there in comparison.

I’m likely to be off until at least the New year mate, and I’ll definitely have to come down to do my mums shopping at some point, fancy a pint if we’re allowed?

1 Like

Don’t need to be asked twice, whenever we’re allowed and is convenient. I still owe you :grinning:

1 Like

2020 is boiling nicely up to peak weird.

10 Likes

I saw Edwina Currie in a Thai restaurant in Balham about 25 years ago. I didn’t speak to her, though.

Over a table ?

Christ man, I was eating when I read that.

3 Likes

One of those ping pong balls. Nearly had my eye out.

2 Likes

In the context of Edwina Currie’s tweet I will just leave this here.

2 Likes

And then there’s this cunt…

2 Likes

It’s difficult to describe how much of an odious cunt he is.

2 Likes

Yes, yes we should listen to know-nothing fucktards like you whose only apparent talent is bumming a living as an elected generalist, achieving fuck all, but always gets their expenses on the public tab in on time and in full. Cunt.

3 Likes