I hate Deluxe editions

Madness. Funhouse is about 30 minutes of tear-your-face-off primal guitar, tribal drumming and Iggy.

The fact that the 45rpm repress has a etched 4th side tells you all you need to know. A 4.5 hour box set seems just wrong along all dimensions except record company profit to me.

Some are brill, some wank.

Nuff.

Precious, pretty coloured vinyl, on the other hand …

I didn’t know until today that Senser had re-released their 1994 Stacked Up in 2014 with extra bits. Possibly one of the very few albums that might benefit from a deluxe edition.

Vinyl and CD (chortle) here

Download here

Just listening to the original now.

Ooh dear, that’s a bit tinny.

Dear industry…

1. Reissues, remastering digitally - Why bother?
  2. Audiophile pressings that sound worse than an original - Why bother?
  3. Audiophile pressings that have a ‘limited run’ that are then pressed again - Cunty!
  4. Bullshit secret squirrel unheard masterpieces from the 60’s / 70’s that turn out to be made last year. V. Cunty!
  5. Shit quality vinyl (See Original W63’rd or Gold label Parlophone for what actually sounds incredible) - Sort It out!
  6. What the fuck happened to: Laminating with ’ Clarofoil ’ The one thing British covers had over the USA counterparts was the laminated cover (Preserves colours better, stops seam splits in transit etc) - Sort it out!
  7. Quality control - There is virtually none - V. Cunty
  8. Demise of skills (Mastering / pressing / digital scan designs) - Shameful
  9. Bootlegs - An age old issue and still - V. Cunty
  10. Abbey Road - milking a dead cow digitally.
11 Likes