I hate Straya

Fucking hell. Bad ass crocs, spiders, snakes, various shitty insects and now fruit…

Australia: Stay. Fuckin’. Away !!!

I would be lost for words if I hadn’t visited Brisbane. Eloquent social protest about the state of the place…

1 Like

A taster of the current bunch of cockwombles…

j

A trickle down economics, ridiculous since the 19th century but popular with notable intellectuals such as Reagan and Bush (particularly Jr). It is unfounded theoretically and empirically but often utilised by the unscrupulous. Just today for instance this was said:

I think you make money available for the NHS by growing the economy. I think you grow the economy by lower tax rates. I think you stifle the economy by higher tax rates.

That is Jacob Rees Mogg’s explanation why he felt there might be a move against raising taxes to pay for an increase in spending on the NHS.

1 Like

Still, he’s been admirably creative with his use of the word ‘think’. The implication is that he’s given this some thought. When in fact it’s a combination of his belief, his wish and his recognition of what is in his own personal best interest.

VB

4 Likes

I remember times where answers to technical questions that included phrases such as ‘I think’ or ‘In my opion’ would attract opprobrium while a careful exposition that exploited ‘The evidence suggests’ or ‘A careful reading of the literature’ were a decent place to start.

1 Like

Ed Zachary

3 Likes

Malanda Millaa Millaa Road near Tarzali on the Atherton Tablelands

Needs feathers :+1:

4 Likes

A New Species Of Venomous Snake Has Been Discovered In Australia https://www.buzzfeed.com/elfyscott/a-new-species-of-venomous-snake-has-been-discovered-in?utm_term=.kqqbZ2ag2#.nqwzlV8pV

1 Like

Meh! It can’t make the place any less hospitable :roll_eyes:

[quote=“charliechan, post:296, topic:134”]
A New Species Of Venomous Snake Has Been Discovered In America[/quote]

1 Like

The current debate over Boris Johnson’s mind farts is quite mild compared to the goings-on in Straya. One Nation are a prettty unpleasant bunch of loons and racists who have made a living out of appealing to a core of hardline rednecks in Central and Souther Queensland and Northern NSW. This however is appalling:

Absolutely disgusting to see this kind of drivel in the 21st Century. However, we are dealing with a country whose official line on asylum seekers is to intern them offshore in appalling conditions. (At one stage the Govt used to spout on about ‘illegal asylum seekers’ until the High Court forced them to stop). The race to the bottom appears to be gathering pace in Oz.

fxt for global accuracy

The Liberal/Country coalition have worked their magic by provocation and pandering to the far right loons to maintain their support base (classic UKIP fodder). With, it must be said, the support of the mainstream media (which is owned by the same cunts who own the media here).

I’m sure there’ll be a place in the New World Order for Boris as their new Head of State.

1 Like