I hate Straya

That’s what I would have done :pensive:

1 Like

Off swimming again today. What could possibly go wrong?

Got well into the 40s here today. Much chafing and waddling was done prior to collapsing into a sweaty heap. Cool change arrived mid-afternoon with rainstorms and high winds. Very scary fire weather so kind of glad to be getting on a plane home tomorrow.

Stupid Strayan weather :persevere:

Tent fighting is a thing in Oz. Women from the audience as well as men.

I like youtube :slight_smile:

It’s been a thing for over 100 years. Jimmy Sharman’s Boxers were a traveling group inviting anybody to try their luck. They started in 1911.
These were/are based on a Mercan idea.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Great idea.

Luckily it was about the only snake in Oz that is not instantly lethal or very nasty indeed if bitten.

1 Like

6 Likes

I could imagine that most snakes turn nasty if bitten.

4 Likes

Read all about it!

kYx1oDBc_2019405134139

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

For the record, I left Straya in 1988.
We returned to resettle in 1994. Things in Straya had changed.
We left Straya on a quest of discovery. The World is a diverse place that needed to be explored. We travelled. Absorbed. Ate. Drank. Loved.

On our return to the Antipodes, we were horrified. The attitude towards migrants and racism in general made us so uncomfortable, we struggled to reconcile our lifestyle with the flagrant hatred towards the people who helped build what Straya had become. The building xenophobia and the negative attitudes towards migrants from non-white backgrounds, forced us to return to Britain and it’s tolerant and inclusive society.

We have loved this country, warts and all, ever since. We consider ourselves more British than Aussies. The state of society and politics, at the moment concern me immensely.

But trust me on this, things are still better here👌

8 Likes