I must be mad, but new car time

A mate had one as a company car (partner at a consultancy)

It was the size of a fucking barn and his wife made him give it back in favour of a 5 series so that she could actually find somewhere to park it.

So maybe it would suit the larger gentleman.

Lovely ride though. Even with her lead boots driving.

1 Like

Smaller then my Lexus from experience.

1 Like

Yes, very much one of the ideas we have.

Even the xj? I know the other ones are super tiny for cabins.

Yeah, but I’ll admit my experience of a modern xj was a short one. The older long wheelbase was still tiny inside.

Surprised the LS is too small. Manages us with plenty of room spare but obviously I am petite :slight_smile:

Son 1 is now 6’5 1/2 and I still make him go in the back :rofl:

2 Likes

Edd, just tell him about the air vents.

F650 - no more pussyin’-around with Playmobils…

4 Likes

TBH, “prestige” brands are not the best for space. A couple of years ago I was up in Germany with two hire cars - a 520d and a Focus - for 7 people and luggage. We ended up with three in the BMW and four in the Ford, because it had loads more space.

1 Like

Skoda Superb. Bloody huge inside, masses of legroom. A standard S or 7 wouldn’t get anywhere near it for legroom. Would be interesting to compare it for space with the L versions of each. My father-in-law had one and apart from an issue with the leccy handbrake not releasing, was very happy with it. Get the auto rather than manual to avoid this issue. And the estate, with the high output diesel would make a great load carrier also.

1 Like

But looks shit at the golf club against the masons in there jags

3 Likes

I think the current and previous generations of the 5 & 7 series share a surprising amount of mechanical parts so can’t see why a 7 should be any worse than a 5.

I have a 530D which gives 40MPG so a 730D long wheel base shouldn’t be too bad on fuel.

EDIT: I meant that both series of the same generation share parts not intergenerational sharing of parts.

A8L yes.

Using my advanced car knowledge, I can tell you that one is a saloon and one is a hatchback. Were it not “prestige”, perhaps it could transform into a hatchback at will.

Notwithstanding that factoid, the BMW has 150 litres more boot space.

1 Like

I want this one because it only has 4 seats.

2 Likes

115cm of rear leg room :heart_eyes:

Didn’t have hatchbacks in 1973.

1 Like

The BMW was an estate. But the back seat was very cramped.

Century with full recline.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t even want to drive it, just sit in the back having a snooze.

Don’t really drive any of my cars. They are all broken.

Lexus - Batt Flattery
Citroen C2 - French
Matra - old, and French
Mini - esploded

Wife’s milk float - works but electrified skip because wimmins.

12 Likes