I’ve never seen... (...because I’m a fucking palestine)

The best book I’ve read to my children was the first Harry Potter book. They hadn’t seen the films at the time and were transfixed by it. We read several of them before The Hobbit. (I’m not saying HP is better than The Hobbit as a book btw)

Then they grew up and told me to feck off out of it as they wanted to read the books themselves.

No drum solos in Tolkien - not prog.

1 Like

The rejection is painful but that’s a job well done in my book.
Sadly my girls were besotted by HP also. They did love the Hobbit though, and when I’ve read to a class I have found it far easier to open up a debate about feelings and emotions after reading the encounter between Bilbo and Sméagol than any of the current ‘real life’ shite we’re supplied with.

2 Likes

My point was that awards and financial success aren’t always indicative of quality. Citizen Kane was a flop on initial release.
In any event, if you enjoy the films that’s fine for you and my opinion doesn’t matter a bit. I didn’t/don’t and find them a poor adaptation of the books.

Nope, haven’t seen that. Although I hear it involves a toboggan so will be essentially the same as Cool Runnings.

5 Likes

… the ground shakes … drums … drums in the deep …

VB

1 Like

Plural. So not solo.

You may be onto something :smiley:

1 Like

Tom Bombadil was a shroom fiend.

3 Likes

It was singing things to sleep that was the dead giveaway.

Oh, and that codpiece, and the gurning loon therein, can feck all the way to off, prior to fucking off out of it.

Didn’t Frodo & Co have a serious mushroom issue?

All you cunts can fuck all the way to off :rage:

3 Likes

Hobbits all smoke weed, innit.

1 Like

What’s your issue Bombur?

1 Like

The drums are plural. The soloist is that other thing …

VB

2 Likes

Neil Peart (retired) is God.

1 Like

Drum solos do not define prog, plenty of drum solos in funk and Jazz. The Melotron Solo however is singular to Prog.

3 Likes

Watched The Blair Witch Project for the first time Sunday night. S’alright I guess.
Oddly enough I did see the mockumentary Curse of the Blair Witch that was shown on television a week before the release of the film back in 1999.

It was groundbreaking in a number of ways at the time particularly in its use of the internet for Fact or Fiction marketing.

2 Likes

I wasn’t impressed when seeing it at the time. I remember thinking all the characters were insufferable and I was quite happy when they all died.