Ice Cream

I mentioned to Mrs C that it would be nice to make our own ice cream and that we could afford a basic machine. Pointed her in the direction of Nesbits and we now have a semi industrial 2l capacity, mixing and freezing machine on the way!

Any road up, ice cream recepies, what yea got?

1 Like

Simple as it gets.

300ml double cream
100g sugar
Couple of tbsps of good cocoa
Possibly a small splash of peppermint

Blend the sugar into a fine powder, stir everything in together. Make into icecream.

Not nearly enough faff there.

2 Likes

this one? https://www.nisbets.co.uk/buffalo-upright-ice-cream-maker-2ltr/cm289 good price.

I stopped using Nisbets a few months ago as everything i wanted could be bought cheaper elsewhere. Recently saved £50 off of the Nisbets price for a load of stuff i wanted from here https://www.cs-catering-equipment.co.uk/kitchenware/utensils#/dfclassic/query=ice%20cream%20maker&query_name=match_and

1 Like

Surely you need to grind your own beans and grow your own mint, minimum :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Just got a bit to grow, so we will work on it. Until then we will stick to the Behringer of ice cream.

Mince pies OR Bakewells - mash with anticipatory frustration using a fork - drown in Cornish double cream - Freeze.

Also works with Brownies (although brown Owl may get ticked off…)

1 Like

I am amazed Simon hasn’t been along yet to recommend something exotic like Marmite, Jellyfish and Chipotle.

2 Likes

Yea, that’s the one.

I’ll try the basic receipy above and take it from there. As I like to raspberry ripple am going to have to make some fresh syrup to add…

We are aiming here right?

Serendipity 3 Frrrozen Haute Chocolate Ice Cream Sundae – $25,000

Serendipity 3 Frrrozen Haute Chocolate Ice Cream Sundae

1 Like

Salford prices

I once had a Jellyfish Salad in Kowloon - not that great.

I suspect a very dark chocolate ice cream, with a smidge of marmite (for savouriness and salt) and chipotle (for a hint of smokiness and heat) might actually be quite nice…:yum:

.I am so glad you are coming round to my way of thinking :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Also works well for Pasties (and Pasteis)

1 Like

I’m sure the internationally accepted measurement unit forMarmite is a smear or a skid mark and not a smidge.

Otherwise :face_vomiting::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

Dark chocolate and chilli or dark chocolate with salt would be good.

https://www.ceonline.co.uk/nemox-gelato-12k-10443-01-ice-cream-gelato-maker-machine-fpmx0401.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhZr1BRCLARIsALjRVQPcNW6LR9H726P_H0V6YrVPobqVNFcmQ2hJLiaGviL4x8NVX7rXY8waAuUNEALw_wcB

1 Like

I have come to prefer gelato. Try the basic vanilla recipe here.

Here’s my favourite ice cream recipe:

1. Buy a tub some other cunt has already fucking made.
  2. Skip all the twatting-about, bullshit, posing and one-upmanship.
  3. Eat the shit out of that motherfucker.
  4. Go to 1. until Health = Diabeetus.
8 Likes

Have you been reading my diary ? :angry:

2 Likes

Proper lifestyle advice