If I was in charge

That was very much my point; if you can only own the property you live in, there would be no private rentals. Councils / housing associations would have to take a bigger role, but there would be sensible controls on both standards and pricing, so that the people who can’t buy can still live somewhere that’s both decent and affordable. No holiday homes that prevent rural youngsters from buying where they were born - the list goes on…

1 Like

Oh, and if I were in charge, Trump and all of his far right, alt-right, neo-nazi or whatever they call themselves fuckwit supporters would be instantly vaporised.

Rant over - I know this should prolly be in the other thread, but wanted to say it :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Lots…but high up my list would be investing in beautiful smooth high quality road surfaces. I cycle on loads of crappy, pothole-strewn roads in busy areas of the South East where I know for a fact there hasnt been any maintenance for 5 years or more. Shows that we have a mean-minded bunch of politicians, who don’t realise that little things make a big difference.

They have lovely roads on the continent too :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I suspect you might be pleased to have the current crop of kids around when it’s time to draw your pension.

4 Likes

That’ll help with labour mobility (not). If council housing was more widely available then the private rental sector would have to compete more keenly (the trick would be to keep taxpayer subsidy from skewing the market too strongly in the council’s favour). But in the end the entire problem with housing is that supply is not matched to demand. There are not enough houses in the places that houses need to be. Fix that, by building the houses and redistributing the places, and everything else sorts itself out.

VB

Yeah that’s the only real solution. You can try to disincentivise buy to let via tax, but generally it just puts prices up. Sometimes, the government actually needs to do something, rather than simply try to nudge behaviour via subtle mechanisms.

And I’d switch fucking twitter off. Because reasons.

3 Likes

:frowning_face:

1 Like

Why not cut the demand side instead. Just making more and more stuff to satisfy cuntish human beings is killing the planet.

We need one of these superbugs to become a reality very soon and kill half the worlds population.

Massively increased taxes for hifi dealers.

2 Likes

I never knew such a thing existed . My life is now complete .

I think of our roads as the real Hell Of The North :grin:

1 Like

Random thoughts…

• Bring back stocks outside Parliament and make it illegal for politicians to lie.
  • Ban mince pies and replace them with bakewell tarts.
  • Jail time equivalent to the number of hours lost by people delayed for anyone who causes an accident on the M25 due to incompetence.
  • Ban gambling.
  • Fire Oasis into the sun.
5 Likes

Well, that’s my Saturdays fucked then

1 Like

Along with their fans who are a stain on the gene pool and therefore no loss either.

2 Likes

Every independent cafe would be required to come up with an interesting take on mince pies from the 1st December. They should be innovative, but retain a strong connection with tradition. Purely traditional mince pies would be acceptable, but if they’re not fantastic, then the owner should walk around town ringing a bell, apologising for the poor quality and handing out vouchers for free coffees. Over-modern monstrosities should result in all facial and head hair being shaved off.

2 Likes

and the M40.

1 Like

ftfy

1 Like

Put this in your anus.

1 Like

The B8 - do not take it.

2 Likes