Interesting Speakers

Oh MAN, it would probably make you go DAF.

3 Likes

Another one looking for a ban…

2 Likes

Itchy hammer again, hun?

1 Like

It’s in a quarry, so it might depend on the Ley of the Land

1 Like

Just when you think the puns have hit rock-bottom…

2 Likes

I wanted to hear it at full volume but wasn’t a loud.

1 Like

Where is the area? Would love to have a listen.

3 Likes

Just a bit here this morning.

1 Like

Well, not quite as far as Guy alludes to but still a distance if your avatar is anything to go by😁!
I am in Cleadon which is near South Shields. Basically near the coast between Sunderland and Newcastle.
If you ever are up here by all means give me a shout, would be absolutely no problem for you to have a listen.

3 Likes

Keith is a very hospitable host with a system that sounds really well .I’ve been a few times with a collection of new vinyl to put through its paces …Always enjoyed it :+1:

3 Likes

Ha ok! Yeah quite a distance. But if/when I’m passing, that would be great, thanks.

1 Like

What do the tapped horns play up to?

Cheers Micky.

Usually 90 or 100Hz for those that play down to 20Hz using 15" drivers.
I have used both and can’t hear a difference tbh.
I use a fairly steep X/O slope and high damping factor big transistor amp for good control.
Cone deflection is very small. But you are pushing / pulling a long column of air.

1 Like

Apologies, missed this earlier🤯!
As Steve says, they play up to 90Hz where they cross to the mid-bass horns.
The tapped horns go down to the low 20Hz range and give the sound weight while the mid-bass horns give a nice kick and punch to the sound.

2 Likes

Food for thought. I will eventually get something up and running and see what I can live with, with regards to low frequency.

1 Like

Haven’t seen many of these around?

2 Likes

Love the camo, given the noise it’s making I would have thought camo a tad superfluous. :grin:

1 Like

7 Likes