IO into MC stage?

Its MC only. LCR whatever that means.

I did ask the other day, is the MM stage with SUT built in, or both active MM/MC?

Just put IO and SME 4 onto Garrard, its getting there, I need to hone in the loading a bit more, 3.3 ohms was sat on and recessed, 10 ohms getting better.’

Mark any chance you could get to Greggs bake off on the 31st? I could lend you my SUT and get it back from you at the Settle meet up if that helps. Don’t really want to post it.

1 Like

I just got Dave to wind me a pair of copper trannies for my UK IO1 - shipped in a (paired) mumetal can for $600. I didn’t enquire about silver, but guess the differential would be roughly the same. I’m installing it in a copper-lined steel case for screening - will report once I can use it…

2 Likes

I’ll try, GF currently ill with gallbladder issues, hoping she’ll be in hospital sooner rather than later…

Silver ones are closer to $2000 from memory.

Art Audio also wind their own?
In my situation its still a stab in the dark, and recommendations here are still for a 0.04mv cart, not 0.14mv.

For gain, Dave’s loan SUT is 1:6 and in the ballpark, I reckon up to 1:12 would be ok, its understanding the other criterion I need to get to grips.

Does anyone else step up an IO to use it into a moving coil phonostage?

I’m sure you know the answer to that, does that make it impossible though?

Sorry to hear Mark, hope she gets well soon

1 Like

No idea - my amp doesn’t have any analogue inputs.:exploding_head:

Have you tried streaming?:grin:

I’m getting to an age where a strong stream is harder than it was :rofl:

2 Likes

Been there - I have to sit down these days.:fearful:

1 Like

I’ve got a Black Head SUT with 20db of gain. Any good?
I also have a Carver with 24db

1 Like

Spoke to Dave last November and he quoted me $1700 for the naked silver transformers and $4200 in a magnetically shielded Elma case.

Those were 1:80 specifically for the Io Gold.

1 Like

That’s a High output S2, he needs a Low for the Io.

I’d flog my 12 month old AN-S2 for £300

He quoted $50 each for mumetal cans so still looks the same :+1:

I’ve had confirmation from Tom it was his, rebuilt by ANUK in 2014 to IO2 level.
Not sure what this means, it still feels like it has usable higher output. It’s been suggested Paradise is current amplifier and just works, but without direct comparison with known 0.04 output cart I’m scratching my head.

Would putting a multimeter get a ballpark output figure? I’ve got a test record somewhere?

Then it must have 0.04 mV output then.

:man_shrugging: I’m gonna stop looking and play some tunes.

I still think if it was 0.04mv volume would be wound all the way round?