Is there a market for CD players anymore?

Leema is to aesthetics what John Candy was to hang-gliding but they do know their way around digital.

5 Likes

Admit it, you are listening to prog aren’t you? :grinning:

7 Likes

Hahaha in a way, although that’s the total album length.
Animals - Pink Floyd

2 Likes

Hahaha

Although I have 4 cdps I tend to use the Novafidelity X40 for making noise as cba to hook up any of the others.

1 Like

I am aware I’m a fine one to talk at this point :woozy_face:

Semi relevant to this is that I’m going to be taking delivery of a Rega Saturn MkIII for review. It’s taken a fair bit of effort to secure one because Rega is back ordered to the eyeballs on it. Make of that what you will.

2 Likes

Are Rega the new Rolex?
Do you have to buy a load of foo cables before you can go on the list for a CDP?

Nothing new about it. There has been a core of brands that have done the numbers since the eighties and, with discretionary spending being ever more discretionary, the effect is becoming more apparent. When people come to spending their own money, they’re innately risk averse. It helps that Rega stuff is generally pretty good too.

2 Likes

I’d imagine any manufacturing company that can do so is making to order these days - not to stock.

That might be the intention… but some things are rather easier to secure right away than others.

May well be a chip issue,
We have been waiting months at work for routers and access points due to shortages

2 Likes

CDPs obsolete for me.
Have a MF A3 I could use as a transport (nice Sony mech), but as long as streaming works every time, there’s no point.

Just remembered I have a micromega cdp

Must get a new laser sometime,though the micromega dac I have is the same as the one in the cdp,so not sure if it’s worth the £60 for a new one.

I cannot speak highly enough of the Nagra - bought new in 2006, sounds superb, been to countless bake-offs, never missed a beat, never needed repair or service.
The only hifi I’ve had for the last two years.

13 Likes

Haven’t had a CDP in the system and played CDs for must be over 20 years. Still have an Oppo transport that goes co-ax out into a DDDAC for the occasional Blu-ray audio disc but mostly can’t be bothered to plug it in.

1 Like

How was it? I really enjoyed the Saturn I had in my system (I still use a Planet 2000) and always wanted to hear the Isis/Isis Valve… They sounded really good from what people said.

Ed’s review is quite easy to find

1 Like

Mason Greenwood was probably easier. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Probably not.
I had heard of Rega and I used to own a,Saturn years ago.
I had no clue on the other fellow.
I now know he is with Man Utd but I honestly couldn’t name another of their players or their manager. A state of affairs I am quite comfortable with.

Absolutely is. You’ve missed the fact that information, whether it be on reviews or persons is really easy to find if you just input the information into a search engine such as google.