I've Properly Fucked It

www.containerhobbyists.com

There are two main lengths of container, 20 foot and 40 foot. We use whats called a spreader that can adjusted to the right width to slot in to the pockets at each corner.
One stevedore managed to pick up what he thought was one 40 footer but was in fact two 20 footers.
He lifted them up about 30 feet before the inevitable happened and the unsupported ends crashed down.
In the interview afterwards he was rather unrepentant, saying it was difficult to spot there were two.
Until it was pointed out to him that they were different colours…

10 Likes

Did he claim to be @Kevin and ask for £5?

4 Likes

Friday night and people are arguing over what the top of a container looks like

2 Likes

Friday night and people are commenting on people arguing over what the top of a container looks like…

3 Likes

I looked at buying a few once to store some stuff in. ISTR the nice ones had corten on the bottom but if you were strapped for cash there were cheap ones available without - just the ply floor and the cross-struts. You had to be careful to stop the weather and the vermin from getting in though.

I’ve been sniping at the Colourblind @Kevin Experience thanks very much.

Influenced by this obviously

That’s why we (when I used to work for a living) always bought the steel bottomed ones.

Not at all, just trying to help @TMC in his latest business venture :grinning:

Got this for Christmas when I was 5 or 6. It’s probably in the attic at my mum’s house.

Any of you guys want it ?

5847312313_b527dc6cc3_z

3 Likes

Chris Grayling might.

3 Likes

Found a better picture:

For those that care, lots more photos here:

3 Likes

Happy birthday!

1 Like