Jim’s monstrous b'ass horns

That’s pretty arbitrary and you’re implying they’re not the right ones, based on what?

You’re the one who randomly mentioned £1k as some sort of limit. If you can find RAAL Lazy Ribbons for £1k a pair then do let me know, I could happily do with a few more. Anything from Fostex or JBL for and end of the line system is also going to be over £1k. I don’t get why you’d want to do a half arsed job.

Jim happens to like his tweeters, so why not.

2 Likes

Absolutely, but there’s a world of difference between coming up with a reasonable rationale for doing it, and actually doing it!

As I said, rispekt :+1:

1 Like

Brain

Brian

1 Like

Scotch…Do I win?

Everybody loses.

3 Likes

Brian

Brian horns

2 Likes

So what’s the budget, @Jim?

Same as any project.
About half the eventual cost :grinning:

5 Likes

We will help you to spend it. True friends.

2 Likes

Have you done any illustrative modelling yet? Roughly how high can a monstrous bass horn go?

Chapeau!

About 15 foot. Depends on how big the garage is.

3 Likes

I have £50k set aside for the entire build including the architect’s fee and planning fees. Not sure if this will be enough, but to make it more cost effective, instead of having a builder do everything from the architect’s plan (and pay his profit :unamused:) I may well do the Project Management and just employ individual trades and buy their materials myself.

I know I can rely on you :wink:

No, in fact I think we’ll need to start on that sooner rather than later, so that i can talk sizes etc with the architect. When I mentionrd the horns he said we might need a structural engineer.

Although this would likely lengthen the duration of the build-out as I would be chasing several individuals rather than one builder.

Yup…Rather like trying to sell an E Type without the engine

I meant for the horn speakers themselves (excluding underfloor horns). I.e. the other 4 ways.

Project Engineer the job Jim and forget about underground bass horns or any bass horns come to that.