Jim’s monstrous b'ass horns

Lol, thanks for letting me know how many horns I have to budget for… :smiley:

…dunno really, whatever it takes, amps presumably too :+1:

That’s definitely the wrong answer :rofl:

3 Likes

Somewhere in the UK both Kevin Scott and Peter Qvortrup have twitched and looked up from what they’re doing for reasons that they don’t yet understand.

But they will.

11 Likes

Vaughn Plasma tweeter.

Volti Rival speakers with 15” bass units.

Since you’re feeling generous!

https://youtu.be/l91ISfcuzDw

2 Likes

For me, the fundamental questions to start off are:

1 - are you looking for an end point straight away, or are you looking at a long process of fine tuning based on trying stuff and seeing what works for you?

2 - new or vintage?

3 - digital active, active or passive?

1- yes, I’m sure Jim wants to faff.

2- does it matter?

3- does Jim care?

I wasn’t asking you :kissing_heart:

And I should care what you think, why? :yawning_face:

Whoever said there are no dumb questions was wrong :grinning: you do understand that Jim doesn’t actually give a shit about those things.

I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned open baffles.

Kevin has these for £20,000 offer £15,000

What are those toys?

I think you’ve missed the point of this project, Dave. Jim is going for something more like this:

3 Likes

I would prefer everything to be perfect from day 1, mostly because I’m an impatient cunt, and faff is not really something I enjoy But I am realistic so when it comes to setting up horns, I presume this is just a pipe dream.

New (coco-san preferably for the amps :grin:) or vintage - whatever works.

As for question three, I will defer to those who have the slightest clue (ie Pete and you)

Ok. See Volti Victtora above.

Toys. This is about building a bespoke system that will murder anything commercial.

1 Like

Is that pair of 16a?

Yeah.

1 Like

Jim what about the WAF? :nerd_face:

And Guy?

1 Like

Will Mirrophonics fit?

Or does it have to be compact and bijou, like this:

4 Likes

No WAF required Dave, in fact Ann is really keen that we get on with this as she knows how much I miss having my listening room (and she wants the flight cases for the Acapellas and Kronos shifted out of our lounge :rofl:)

4 Likes