Live Music Performances, interviews & Documentaries

Probably should have done something more productive with my day off than watch these

Can’t believe we never heard more of this lot;

4 Likes

Holy fuck - watched that right through until Joey Marlowe appeared then began to feel nauseous again thanks Stu :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Bloody love Joey,wish he released an album or toured the UK in the 80s.

3 Likes

Oh, oh, oh make it stop.

VB

1 Like

Worth the time, escape to the desert

So this girl was on the Voice (Yawning over affected shout/singing competition where no body gets to be famous and the winner sinks from their 15 minutes faster than stronzetto can offend a lady)

I digress, it turns out Abi Sampa can also play a number of instruments… I’ve watched this film a few times, I’m not sure what effects are on this ‘Electric Veena’ but her playing of ‘raga blues’ with this tone is hypnotically refreshing

…I’ve checked out her other stuff and found nothing but disappointment sadly

1 Like

Interesting 20 minutes

1 Like

I’m guessing holding the various bodies of the guitar against his leg and chest during the test may have some damping / effect on actual measurement of tonal differences.

I’d have thought so.

Most interesting for me was that MDF wasn’t a complete disaster. Didn’t sound that different from the rest as I heard it.

There would, I suspect, be tonal differences if the pickups, bridge, etc were mounted on the individual woods, rather than being in a separate assembly which is just resting against the body.
An interesting experiment but too many flaws to be taken seriously.

1 Like

Indeed, he would also have to come up with a mechanical repeatable way to strum the strings with the guitar suspended in isolation.

2 Likes

Starts Sunday 12th May

Dark Side of the Moon LIVE in Shetland

Organisers say they are confident it will be finished by August Bank Holiday

I’m not so sure

6 Likes

Got those Monday blues

1 Like

There have been further developments. The organisers have added more detail to the itinerary,

Includes a complete performance of the classic album Dark Side of the Moon, Another Brick in the Wall, Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here, Shine on you Crazy Diamond, and many more.

As a result, KT Tunstall has cancelled her Christmas 2019 gigs at the venue and the Hogmanay celebrations, which included Peatbog Faeries, has been put back to May 2020.

Shetland Council have issued a statement and have promised that dispensers containing free ear plugs will be installed on all streets within a 3 mile radius of the event.

One local resident, interviewed on BBC Radio Shetland (92.7MHz) sobbed, it’s like the end of times, and it probably will be by the time they finish the concert. We’re thinking of moving to Peterborough.

3 Likes

Heaven for any local insomniacs though

:rage:

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Heavy Stevie