Live Music Performances, interviews & Documentaries

Think the tubes were probably the best live band I’ve seen. Had a bit of everything

1 Like

I have to agree. Genesis had a great light show. Jethro Tull always had great sound. Elton John entertained. ELP was musicians giving their best.
But from a complete show perspective The Tubes had it all.

Prairie Prince was epic !

1 Like

I saw them in Oxford. They were wonderfully OTT and very good at what they did. But Ian Dury and the Blockheads were better. It was like they had you in their arms.

VB

1 Like

Managed to see Ian Dury and Blockheads a couple of times at various GLC events, but never sadly on their own.

I saw them on that tour and again a year or two later. They were great live although they weren’t into the gobbing that was the norm in 1977! Nearly stopped at one point. I think Marky was the drummer second time around.

1 Like

Only saw the blockheads a couple of years ago

Would of loved to have seen them late 70s early 80s

1 Like

Very excited about this:

1 Like

Disco to: ‘Put your balls up your Ass’ -

https://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2016/05/richard-long-feature?fbclid=IwAR16mY7KiJn915m64OT9fhu8YKS21dzzVsxDgjGmL3DQqkMiC9IyO7SJRmk

1 Like

There are some great articles and links in there. Well worth a trawl around

The stranglers getting very fucked off and scuppering an episode of Rock goes to College at Guildford (Surrey) University. Epic version of Hanging Around.

2 Likes

Two old duffers

2 Likes

The story of Dagenham Dave

https://www.punk77.co.uk/groups/Stranglersdagenhamdave.htm

2 Likes

Mmmmm! Dishy

Fits here better than anywhere else. Do not watch if you’re prone to envy.

3 Likes

Wow,
A real Deadhead as well as the Dylan etc etc

1 Like

Just back from seeing Sarah Munro again. A new album is in the offing. I’ll be interested to see whether she makes it as a musician, and if so in what genre. So far she has mostly done lounge bar jazz stuff (very well) but at 23 seems very young to do these numbers. She did throw in one Janis Joplin impression this evening. Lovely voice and good songs.

1 Like

Gino Washington at the Eel Pie Club in Twickenham Thursday night singing the blues.

3 Likes

Is it not Geno ?:wink::+1:Dave

It probably is, my ex girlfriend who runs the club is called Gina and I somehow got it mixed up.