Lopwell 4 update

My considered view now:

I would not book for May
I would book for June (preferably later in the month) or July, and be willing to write it off if it became obviously a bad plan
I would probably not book for September because Settle

Why not get back to the bloke and see which weekend just before the summer holidays could work for them?

to be honest it seems like we should book for the 1st week of oct and play it by ear, im not sure what the settle dates are.

I dont want to not make a booking just because settle is possible around this time, we can probaly work it so there is a couple of weeks difference ?

Settle is 10-12 Sep.

I guess I could manage early October, although spending my birthday with you cunts wasn’t really the plan :wink:

And Munich is September 09–12. So that’s a straight choice.

Early October could work for me

1 Like

TBH this date seems the most responsible all things being equal.

1 Like

right i will move to Fri 1st to sun 3rd october, well see what jon says

2 Likes

That’s the key word for me.

Oh, I had my jabs is one thing, ensuring the safety of others is quite another and should be the first thought in our minds.

3 Likes

I thought Lopwell was normally in June?
I have it in my head that Munich was May and Lopwell was the middle of June?

1 Like

Yes

Should really put this in the Settle thread, but how many are seriously likely to go to Munich?
I haven’t called Settle yet, because things still are very fluid wrt CV - and especially with the SA strain now in the UK.

The only thing to bear in mind is compared to when you were last there for the meet it gets horrendously busy there now. When I went down in the last lot of decent weather last year I was shocked at the amount of people there. Stand up paddle boarders I can get , they’ll launch and they’ll be gone but the amount of groups having bbqs on the grass , all hanging around the slipway.

I go to Lopwell quite a bit and was really uncomfortable with the amount of people there.
I know the hostel is on its own grounds but bear it in mind.

2 Likes

I very much doubt that Munich will happen at all.
But even if it does I wouldn’t go this year.

3 Likes

If I go anywhere, and that’s by no means certain, I’m currently undecided between Settle/Munich.

I love both so it’s a tough choice.

1 Like

A lot of celestial bodies would have to line up to make the show viable this year I’d have thought.

2 Likes

Probably so, given the slower vaccine rollout in the EU. I was wondering whether to try to move the Settle weekend, hence my question.

It wouldn’t encroach - Even a bus full of Brownies didn’t, actually they did rip off Guys paddle which was nice.

2 Likes

Just had a flick through my busy diary schedule, and first week in October looks OK for me, will set off early to avoid traffic

I think the summer is to early
It does get very busy with restrictions in place

Surely when one drives an Astra they don’t have to worry about setting off early?

2 Likes

You do have to worry about carelessly blipping the throttle & finding yourself in Penzance though.

1 Like

then wave-hopping to the Scillies as you decelerate

1 Like