Lopwell 4 update

I’m up for going whenever the rules allow. If we can get (Dido’s) case rate down from ~18,000 a day now to a few hundred a day (what it was in the second half of last summer) then things will be, say, 60 times safer than now and any personal protection from the vaccine will be a bonus on top of that. That’s a risk I’d be prepared to expose myself to. If the case rate is still in the more-than-a-very-few thousands per day then I fear Lopwell will not be at the top of our ‘things to worry about’ list. Given that I don’t understand the mechanism I’m hesitant to mention it, but respiratory tract infection rates seem to be worse in the winter. Should that be a factor in assessing the risk of a very late date ?

VB

jon has confirmed that tentative date of 1st -3rd october is ours

something to aim for i guess

9 Likes

5 Likes

I’d consider late Sep/early Oct at the very earliest. I, like many, have written off this year. Even the already postponed Straya trip has been pushed back to 2022.

Knowing the incompetence of Blowjob et al, I would expect Ingerlund to be in a Full Lockdown 3 by then.

4 Likes

Mostly it’s just a date of positivity, we’ve all got our own shit going on.

I like a sun rising.

4 Likes

We’re hopeful of getting Jackie down there at some stage next year. I think it’ll be carnage for the first 6 months with prices and availability though. There are 38,000 ex-pats looking to go back already holding tickets.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve heard. Narelle is set on January 2022, but I think Jan 2023 is more likely.

1 Like

That hurts just to read. Fuck you CV19.

:sob:

1 Like

Too early for me vaccine wise. Even following my second Jab I’m not socially mixing until far more of the youngsters have completed theirs

2 Likes

Pic from 2019

12 Likes

Lopwell on Friday. Offering a cinnamon bun to the gods for a healthy return

17 Likes

… then I ate it

3 Likes

then i shat it out by the firepit

2 Likes

4 Likes

Were you performing some bastardised version of the human centipede or something?

needs more legs

Bloody hell was it 2019.

Here’s a few pics from the last time then, looking forward to the next, probably 2022?

11 Likes

Me miss fire :sob:

10 Likes

Me miss mates! :sob::sob:

13 Likes

Me miss the smell of mates farts in the morning, :sneezing_face: :sneezing_face: