Meat packaging

Used to get things altered at a place near Freedom fields. They’ve closed now but some of the women who worked there are still going and do OK work. Alternatively there is a woman in the block where I work who does wedding gowns and has done some bits for me - She’s very nice but her work is hit and miss - PM if you want any further info, I get a fair amount of things adjusted, I’m a weird shape, high street stuff simply doesn’t fit.

1 Like

We know :rofl:

"A unique vehicle - Most of it works OK, interesting history - requires plenty of TLC. Hair and teeth fall out intermittently, allergic to work, tits wobble involuntarily when taking stairs at speed. Light use with signs of gout (gentleman’s affliction) still chomps at the bit when revved. - Will trade for newer model with lighter sportier frame and decent upholstery. "

2 Likes

which wing are you on? I didnt know mixed prisons were a thing.

You don’t mention budget but it looks like there is a Moss Bros in Plymouth, have you tried there? They ought to have different fit options and an alterations service too. Alternatively, try a different city, I should think there would be a broad selection in Bristol for instance.

I think buying a second hand suit on-line could be risky; you can’t be sure how it will fit, smell, or whether it is knackered generally. It’s your wedding day, buy something new and specifically for it, you’ll feel great then and won’t groan inwardly when you look at the photos for ever afterwards. :+1:

2 Likes

These guys will probably come to you.

A suit that actually fits will set you back a minimum of £500, more likely 6 or 7.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be a “made to fit” off the peg suit rather than a bespoke suit? :thinking:

They call themselves bespoke. I’m no expert but I’d call it made to measure.

Wevs, it’s not £200 M&S that doesn’t fit, and it’s not 5 grand Savile Row.

2 Likes

Yes, they offer a made to measure service, it isn’t true bespoke but you are probably better off avoiding cheap bespoke tailoring and getting RTW or MTM. I’ve just had a look at the gallery’s of a couple of Bristol’s bespoke tailors and can confirm that they are definitely shit. They don’t make a clean garment.

For instance :nauseated_face::

Maybe the customer was ermmmm deformed?

It’s all over the place. Ok, the left forepart could be shorter if the customer’s shoulders were unequal but I doubt that has anything to do with it, looking at the rest of it. I’m sure they are more expensive than a RTW suit, so what is the point? If the finished garment looks like that, then I’m sure the cutting and fitting will be off too. Imv, it’s better to get a RTW suit and having it adjusted, at least it will be cleanly made and therefore smarter, will be cheaper too and MUCH less faff. The above looks like hand made disappointment.

1 Like

The collar notches are amazing.

2 Likes

What’s going on with the dart(?) on the right? Looks like shit.

It’s the same both sides but on the left the out breast pocket bag is filling it a bit more. I’d have to see it in the flesh but looks like the darts are not machined with a straight enough seam and therefore don’t finish at the top gradually enough. The canvas interlining then can’t fill the bubble of fabric formed at the end. It isn’t the only problem! :worried:

I bet the photo was taken shortly after it was pressed so it looks it’s best. Give it a couple of days or a couple of hours on a hot body and it would look ALIVE! Can just tell by the play of light of the fabric…

It’s sad but if you don’t know where to go, the quality in Savile Row isn’t any better. A properly made bespoke coat can be a thing of beauty. It can look like it is chisled out of a bit of rock, yet be soft and light. It can also look like the pic or even worse! :scream:

Anyway, this isn’t helping Pilgrim much. My advice is to stay away from cheap bespoke tailoring and go for a decent RTW or MTM, which has quality control, the economy of scale and you can see what you are getting. :+1:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Well, lapel notches, its like they didn’t even try to make them level.

On both collars?

1 Like

:rage:

3 Likes

Well, they probably did try. Cloth distorts very easily if it is bullied and some people never ‘get’ how to control it. To make it look good it has to be cut and put together very accurately, it’s engineering but with a somewhat fluid medium and with a great variety of fluidity!

1 Like

Shush, I’m sure its not as a bad as it looks, but I’m laughing anyway.