Mince Pies... The Many Unhappy Returns of the Clag Police

Waitrose again, but more traditional this time. OK, but the filling is a little too dry. Needs cweam.

You’ve jizzed on @Jim’s parade with that post Simon.

1 Like

Aldi All Butter Specially Selected still the king of the supermarket pie.

Using an age-old recipe from 2019.

4 Likes

A heroic, but possibly very accurate, claim to make on Day 2 of the Geltleman’s Mince Pie season.

That’s because everyone else but you has been scoffing them for weeks!

4 Likes

I may be maintaining the sanctity of December for comedic purposes
 :innocent:

Premature piejaculation demonstrates a lack of basic moral fibre (or too much clag depending on the brand of pie).

1 Like

Yeah
but pies.

5 Likes

:disappointed:

another delicacy will arrive tomorrow

Candied turnip? Eau de Marrow? Fricassee of aubergine?

1 Like

you really want to ruin the surprise?

The oppression of pleasure by calendar date remains a conformist concept

Tradition is a trap

5 Likes

I’m not sure that you understand the either the meaning or the usage of the word ‘ruin’ in this context

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Son has decided that he’s going to have a mince pie every day of December. I’m helping him out with this task.

Yesterday was the best of last year’s bunch, Charlie’s, a local cafĂ©. She does great coffee, and sources her cakes really well; they’re always small but delightful. The mince pies have fantastic light pastry and zingy but not sharp mince. Superb.

Later today I’ll be sampling one of the Heston offerings; I bought both at Waitrose so will report back. Son, however, was impressed with the lemony Heston one.

1 Like

Proudly, Narelle (and thus I) entered the Pieniverse yesterday, resisting the temptation to indulge too early. Our usual Calnan Bros pies were procured. Narelle thought it bold but essential to buy a box (12) full.

Good as ever, if a little sweeter this year. Still plenty of spice and well filled. Win.

We are now, on December 2nd, down to 2 left.

There is another visit planned.

5 Likes

Heston eh?

NEW NEW FAWLTY WATCHING-2

Imagery for nano scrutiny mandatory.

1 Like

This is the correct way to mince you pies. Indulge in other pleasures of the plate (or flesh if your imaginary manservant so directs) and then scoff 'em by the half-dozen in December.

Actually, I presume @MGOwner had at least eight of the scoffed pies and Narelle didn’t/wasn’t allowed to get close to the plate a second time.

Costa All Butter mince pie winner. Good Housekeeping poll

Premature entry into the magical world of the Mincer can lead to other sensory indulgences being overlooked. November (being non-Mincer season) is therefore open to all sorts of culinary (and fleshy) delights. There is a opportunity cost to the early pie.