Mince Pies 2021 : A New Hope

I realise it’s not yet December but if we promise not to eat any 'til Wednesday the Sainsburys shop bought variety may be worth a look

2 Likes

I find all the posh ones are wank.

4 Likes

Lidl don’t even get a rating.

At least there’s no Heston menthol Marmite & Kipper flavoured shite in this survey.

8 Likes

I might try some eat on site testing this year.
Sod paying the 3 to 4 quid for shite.
Only once they have passed the test will I pay for them.

2 Likes

Now you’ve mastered fruit cakes you should have a go at making some.

1 Like

Still not 100% convinced with the fruit cake.
Last one was a disaster down to utter shit marge.
The mince pies you make are very good.

The bit you brought round for me was very nice although I regret missing out on Cherrygeddon

… Fuck this thread it’s not December, whats wrong with you people? You are pissing on tradition and decency here.

4 Likes

Technically Sunday is the start of Advent so they are allowed prior to December in this case.

These are wrong at any time, though.

Without doubt the best Easter Egg this year

1 Like

Cherrygeddon really was bad.
Local WI still do drive by abuse because of the state of it.

2 Likes

@anon14766838 would love that… :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Co op box of 6 slipped into my basket a little prematurely but not long to wait until I can eat them without shame

Coop ones were lovely last year so high hopes for these

Taking a more generous view on pleasure (than the more date sensitive puritanicals) I can say Co-op are doing pretty well this year. It’s been a few weeks of hassle, so I’ve not tangled with the Heston abomination of the year to really get the piss boiling but I hope to remedy this soon.
In advance however, Fuck you Heston.

3 Likes

Donna Hay is a legend.

1 Like

anyone who sticks ice cream between two biscuits is a god. I was doing it as a teenager with my mothers stash of digestives - much to her annoyance. to this day it also irritates Louise when I nick some chocolate digestives for the same…

1 Like

I didn’t see that on the ingredients list. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t rule it out when it comes to HB

:woozy_face:

1 Like

In Calabria they sandwich Gelato between brioche.
It is a wondrous thing.

3 Likes