Mince Pies 2021 : A New Hope

We polished off a box of Morrison’s, best before 24 th November!

Warrants a full boycott of Morrisons I’d have thought. Disgraceful seasonal opportunism

So no one has tried a Morrisons Christmas Dinner pastie then?

:scream:

:rage:

No but I will now just so I can vent my rage about it.

2 Likes

I make Christmas dinner pie most years, all the leftovers with pastry and gravy, it’s been said it’s better than the Christmas dinner itself so pastie sound worth investigating

2 Likes

I succumbed to temptation vs. both prematurity and a deep-seated loathing of all-things M&S, only to discover that - annoyingly - these are the best shop-bought MPs I’ve tried in years -

Sam and I ate an entire box last night.

I am not proud of myself, but - as with so many Good Things - the satiation was worth it :ok_hand:

7 Likes

each?

Pure wank!

WANK!

4 Likes

I presume that they are the usual Heston bollocks involving spinach and chihuahua flavours with a soupcon of garlic, ginger or diesel to help things along.

The man is a cunt!

4 Likes

200% THIS

1 Like

An UTTER cunt!

1 Like

A Sachet Of Smokey Sugar…

2 Likes

Happy fucking November

Sainsbury’s test winner from the Guardian survey above. Be a handy benchmark to compare home mades with.

Busy day ahead :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

Edit : Not a simple sausage but actually a pig in blanket inside this pasty, along with turkey, stuffing? and at least one cranberry.

Interesting to see Morrisons including EU pork in these as it’s obviously something we’re currently short of here in the UK.

4 Likes

At least the pasty is edible if a little strange in its contents & not really christmassy. However, it appears to be better than Heinz’s (Southern Water inspired) christmas dinner soup. :grin:

It’s like the bad films that used to be regarded as being ‘Straight to DVD’ except in this case it’s ‘Straight to Foodbank’ & I pity the users of those who’ll have to suffer this as kindly types donate it “to give them poor folk a bit of Christmas”.

4 Likes

Only thing I can ever taste in Heinz soups is MSG and FAR too much salt - occasionally an aftertaste of dishwater.

2 Likes

Sounds as if they’ve gone downhill with this one.

2 Likes

Tempted to buy a case for the neighbours Xmas gifts.

2 Likes

Can’t you & Patch get a bucket & make your own instead of throwing the ingredients over the fence undiluted?

5 Likes