Mince Pies 2021 : A New Hope

You did this to yourself on a Monday?

Magnificent

Someone has to make the sacrifices.

(I’m not doing the soup though, there are limits.)

I’m detecting a disturbing level of self control here. Where is the foaming mouth, mind aflame with offense and vengeance?

Tuesday?

3 Likes

I haven’t tried the much praised Sainsburys pies yet.

There’s plenty of vitriol loaded & ready to go. We aren’t even in December.

4 Likes

I always buy there cheaper efforts, 80p for 4. With a cup of tea. :heart_eyes:

Limbering up, I like it

I went to Tesco today but managed to avoid succumbing to temptation because (i) its still fecking November and (ii) historically Tesco’s mincers have been one step up from Xmas soup largely because they are enclosed in clag.

1 Like

Real hair shirt, free postage.

1 Like

It is feckin’ freezing outside, that might well be useful under my jumper.

1 Like

They’ll have sold out by the time you want some.

But stick with the Tescos and you’re actually inviting the clag in & sitting it down with a glass of Sherry.

2 Likes

It’s only a XXXXL :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And so to the Sainsbury’s pies. Warmed for 9 mins at 160C the pastry was fairly crisp but quite sweet. The filling was slightly bland though. I expected a bit more of a kick from the supposedly brandy infused mincemeat. Couldn’t really detect that. I’ve had worse shop bought but they’re still nothing like a homemade pie.

1 Like

I trust this pic was taken just prior to mashing the mince pies down with a fork in all that cream to make ’ ‘Pâté deluxe’

1 Like

Aargh, I forgot that technique. Will try on one of the remaining pies & report back. Not every pie lends itself to such refinement.

1 Like

No they don’t all deliver the experience supreme. You never can tell but if you get an unshakable desire to do this

You’ve probably found the sweet spot.

1 Like

I hope that bloke has applied plenty of sunblock or he’s going to suffer for that pose.

You can live on light if you do it right

More like self administered cock block.

Shudder.

1 Like

This man is beyond women, he is a hardened pro