Mince Pies & Other Metaphysical Musings -> 2019

hifimipi ?

1 Like

Obviously @Jim will need to have two mince pies at a time.

1 Like

They’re a bit slow on here…

3 Likes

Can you not do this, but for something actually with eating, like Bakewells?

there was me hoping to avoid as much pre Christmas dross for as long as possible. log onto the sanctuary from all things normal, and what do I find, a mince pie thread in October. A fucking mince pie thread. May you all eat so many of the bloody things your trousers no longer meet in the middle.

2 Likes

Bakewells are clearly for spring time

This is the aim

Start a thread, I love a Bakewell ! :grinning:

1 Like

Is this thread @Jim’s attempt at running a subliminal christmas advertising campaign? It is a bit shit either way.

The ‘deep-filled’ mince pie is always a disappointment.

This year I will seek the thinner wider variety as per the co-op picture. Drier, better ratio of filling to pastry and a quality dusting.

2 Likes

What happens if you don’t like them?

Haha this Saturday is mincemeat prep I was gonna start a thread. I shall shine an MP silhouette towards Plymouth once the pastry is ready.

I was thinking mincemeat this weekend too! Got a good recipe John?
The Delia one makes a ridiculous amount!

Just, whatever, please don’t, FFS, get @Wayward on the MP trail. His OCD will lead to a nasty and complete implosion (and no end of fucking obsessive noodly sweet mincemeat based posts). You’re going to, aren’t you ?

You heartless cunts !

1 Like

Cash or vinyl awaits !

I was gonna go hfw_s, again ridiculous amounts. I’m halving everything
I kg plums ( any plums will do as long as ripe) halve them and stone them :flushed:
Finely grated zest and juice of 2-3 oranges (you need 200ml juice)
500g russet apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1cm cubes
200g currants
200g raisins
200g sultanas
100g orange marmalade
250g demerara sugar
½ tsp ground cloves
2 tsp ground ginger
½ nutmeg, grated
200g veg suet
50ml ginger wine or cordial (optional)
100g chopped walnuts
50ml brandy or sloe gin
Method.
Put the plums and orange juice in a pan, cook gently for 15 minutes, until tender, then purée. Pour into a bowl with all the other ingredients except the alcohol, mix, cover and leave to stand for 12 hours.

Preheat the oven to 110C/225F/gas mark ½. Put the mincemeat in a large baking dish and bake for two to two and a half hours. Stir in the booze, spoon into sterilised jars, seal and store in a dry, dark, cool place until Christmas. Use within 12 months.

4 Likes

You can turn off the thread, but you know you cunnt

1 Like

Didn’t read!

1 Like

Zackly :angry:

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, cunts !

1 Like

Did you miss last years thread? Wayward’s daily scouring of Londons pastry boutiques for the finest minced fair was the very bench mark of commitment and excellence.

No, unfortunately I didn’t, and therein lies the problem.

You’re all preying on the vulnerable.

All for cheap entertainment; you should be ashamed of yourselves.