Mince Pies & Other Metaphysical Musings -> 2019

Crafty bastards. I noticed quite a few ‘Festive’ themed food items in Lidl the other night involving mincemeat & probably cinnamon which were playing the same mendacious trick. Such deceptions should always be called out.

Basted?

I thought I was the only one with this affliction :smiley:

3 Likes

Nope. No you’re not. Marzipan is right at the top of foodstuffs to be avoided. Along with celery, cucumber and baked beans.

Agreed on Marzipan and Celery. I would add Goat’s Cheese, Avocado and Liver (obviously D’uh :roll_eyes:) to that list. Especially Goat’s Cheese… smells like infant spew.

Right thinking men love baked beans

I’m not a right thinking man

1 Like

You are about Celery.

1 Like

Celery needs cooking. Goats cheese is divine. Proper marzipan is fantastic, but a lot contains almond essence, which isn’t so good.

1 Like

I disagree with all you have said. I always knew you were a cunt but nice to have more reasons. :+1:

1 Like

What’s wrong with you? Liver and onions is one the things that makes life worth living FFS

8 Likes

As we drift into full meltdown, I would like the record to show eating Liver is flat out wrong (Apart pate of course)

Sliced calves liver, flash fried with butter and sage and a red wine reduction. :exploding_head:

9 Likes

Savage

It needs only ‘showing’ the pan, ruined if darker than pink in the centre. :+1:

3 Likes

Excuse me - Complete savage

2 Likes

I haz da yellow in me liver. Not big on liver any more…

Ex-post justification :+1: Well played sir!

2 Likes

I still remember my mother trying to force feed ( well, feed) me with liver and onions forty years ago. Even the smell note makes me heave.

2 Likes

Incorrect. Liver will make you forget about Brexit and badly made Christmas pies. True thing

1 Like

I would imagine being preoccupied with eating a detoxing organ would put such petty issues aside yes.

1 Like