....more armchair politics (Part 2)

Not a chance.

Another ex cabinet minister putting his furure on the line, he could easily be de-selected.
Or perhaps he doesn’t intend to stand again so can finally speak the truth.

1 Like

16 Likes
3 Likes

Not often I agree with a Tory, but Theresa May just ripped the current proposed immigration bill to shreds in the debate in Parliament

Meanwhile other Tory back banchers are agreeing that the bill is shit but saying they will vote for it and hope to amend the shit bits later, cannon fodder trying to salve their consciences rather than acting out of principle

Am sure Labour will vote it through.

Labour are whipped to vote against

Is that the same Theresa “go home vans” May?

2 Likes

Indeed it is, though she was also heavily involved in the modern slavery legislation and her point is that this bill removes that protection from trafficked individuals as the bill treats all ‘immigrants’ just the same.

Even the DUP are going to vote against the bill.
It is a second reading so will go to the Committee stage after this, which is where the Tory cannon fodder say they will get it all amended.
I won’t hold my breath

Utterly shameful state of affairs. And yet government ministers sermonise earnestly that the only way to control inflation is by giving public sector workers below inflation pay awards. Fuck right off. Lying cunts.

8 Likes

Pretty much every single big firm has used the “current climate” to increase prices without any government rebuke resulting in record profits for a huge proportion of them. As soon as the workers ask for a share of the mega-price-rise-profit-bonus pie the tories and their media empire double down and call them unrealistic, selfish, greedy opportunists due to a temp rise in inflation. Total fucking scam pulled off with impunity.

5 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

@ABridgen

7 Likes

Not surprisingly the latter is the truth, Skidmore is not standing at the next election

Here’s as good as good as anywhere for this…

5 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

Today, a mate who voted leave- and regrets this-sent me this article:

He described it as very good…

5 Likes