....more armchair politics (Part 2)

Genius

4 Likes

Is that Harriett Baldwin? @J_B

:thinking: que?

I think that the woman in Stu’s video is Harriett Baldwin.

It’s a long time since I’ve seen her but I think she’s your local MP, so you might have more of an idea than me.

Assuming that it is her, in another life I used to run into her a lot. You wonder whether she hasn’t noticed that she’s now effectively a member of the National Front, or she has, but is more concerned about her tawdry career.

There was a piece on BBC breakfast outside No 11 DS and the background music was Money Money Money by ABBA

1 Like

That was a reference to the security colander Gavin Williamson as education secretary, Keegan is trying very hard to disprove it at the moment. Trying to make a disrinction between striking unions and those that would be striking if the ballots weren’t stuck in the post, trying to play ambulance staff against teachers in a race for insufficient government cash and blatantly lying about the basis of negotiations for other sectors when talking about the NEU. Oh, and hiding in the metaphorical fridge instead of talking to ASCL.

1 Like

Think my favourite was in 2019 when a woman took a glockenspiel or similar and started playing the take hart theme.
Was so random but great

8 Likes

Potholes in Devon getting special treatment in the budget!

Redcar to get levelling up funding!

Disgraceful, it’s always the same, money goes to the places that need it least.

3 Likes

I was expecting the Hoi Poloi in Runcorn to be levelled up too. Amazing that they didn’t receive any cash.

2 Likes

The DfE “source” quotes in here really do not come across well if you are trying to get the teaching workforce back on your side.

pic.twitter.com/hoxIjc0BzU

— Michael Rosen 💙💙🎓🎓 (@MichaelRosenYes) March 15, 2023
1 Like

What an absolute bellend

1 Like

Interviewer: ‘You’re just ticking off all the regular tropes…’

J Gormless MP: Nods and carries on

Yeah he seemed quite proud of that accusation.

Sound bites and tropes are all you will get from any politician of any party as they know as soon as they say anything off script it will be edited to suit a particular pov and plastered all over social media.
Consequently interviews are a waste of time as questions will be ignored and prepared statements rolled out.

Saying that they are going to level it is a different thing.

1 Like

£20bn for unicorn carbon capture.

Yet again the nations less well off receive a stately home from the chancellor, fuck hall.

3 Likes