....more armchair politics (Part 2)

That’s exactly what they are doing. The former UKIP elements of their base lap up this sort of nasty, petty racist shit from our government who will go as low as they need to in order to cling to power:

There’s a subset of the voters who are screamingly enraged about it. They voted for Brexit to take back control of our borders and you couldn’t make up a more abject utter failure to deliver on that no matter how hard you tried.

Simple, they are, when grouped, the top three priorities in the red wall seats and two are in the top three priorities of the red wall seats.

This is all about the next election and what plays best in these key seats.

It doesn’t, they’re racists.

4 Likes

I couldn’t give a shit about that cunts tax returns because it is all trumped by the inescapable fact that when he was Chancellor he negotiated his tax payment and penalty with the very Department he was responsible for and did not declare a conflict of interest.

He neither subsequently resigned nor has the PM sacked him. They are so corrupt and blatant about it that it beggars belief.

6 Likes

Just saw a thing announcing Nadine Dories willl be interviewing Johnson on a tv show. She is just going to nosh him off on live telly isn’t she.

10 Likes

We banana-republic now.

Except without the bananas, or the warm climate.

…Or the hope that things may one day get better…

Today, “HS2 is hopelessly overbudget and behind time, but at least it won’t actually start in London or go to Manchester…” - but how handy for MPs that the terminus will be at Old Oak Common:

Perfect for Release Day…

You spelled ‘cunts’ wrong.

1 Like

Racist Cunts I think you’ll find.

4 Likes

I have found… For sure.

5 Likes

Failures join forces - it’s evolution innit

Hunt trying to link our wind farms to the UK being a world leader in green tech.

What a stupid, lying cunt.

Every turbine designed and built and then imported from Denmatk, Netherlands and Germany with all the IPR residing with, Orstead, Vestas and Seimens.

The opportunity to develop a UK capability off the back of the investment paid for by us was utterly wasted.

In the meantime government support for cutting edge research and development of Cummins wave and tidal generators remains embarrassingly low.

3 Likes

Not all, they make the big 80m blades on the IoW and then paint and prepare them in the old generator rooms at Fawley.

It is a danish rather than UK company though :slight_smile:

They opened that factory up after initially closing it. The blades really aren’t the clever bit though. The two danish companies are Vestas and Orstead with a shit load of supply chain companies.

It’s galling to me that one of the main Brexit benefits could be the ease with which we could have the state support certain industries (and yes, I know that you could do some of this within the EU).

Knowing just how much offshore wind we have, we could have created companies that did it all here and had wind farms all around the coast, plus investing much more in wave and tidal power. But we just didn’t bother, leave it to the market, so we get little provision, little made here and nothing owned here.

1 Like

Tory mantra, right there.

1 Like

Along with

because short-term money is all that counts.

Zahawi sacked.

Bye then…

4 Likes

Good.

1 Like