More shit that doesn't merit its own thread (septic tank overflow alert)

Is life bereft of bacon or sausage really living? That way madness lies.

1 Like

28 months for choking and sexually assaulting a 7 year old. WTAF?

1 Like
1 Like

and he did it whilst on a 2 hour release from a secure unit.

clearly a fucking nut job and needs to be locked up in a mental hospital for longer than 14 months.

5 Likes

What a fucking lame judge. Appalling.

7 Likes

This fell through my letterbox (yup, my actual physical letterbox) this morning

WTAF? When did paper and envelopes and snail mail become cheap enough for ā€˜target the vulnerableā€™ scattergun scams to be viable ? Or have I somehow been pre-selected as unusually stupid ?

VB

Who says its scattergun? Theyā€™ve obviously carefully selected you :laughing:

Sounds promising in anycase, youā€™d better get back to Wuhu Chu pretty quickly

1 Like

Didnā€™t they do dance hall days in the 80s?

10 Likes

Since you have already broken his confidentiality rule, have you put the whole deal in jeopardy ?

Fuck. Iā€™d already started spending my cut.

I did start to wonder which of my ā€˜friendsā€™ might have pulled a stunt like this. It would have had to have been someone with an RM franking machine though.

VB

1 Like

I mentioned to Mrs. S that Iā€™d never been to Northumberland but that the scenery can be quite stunning, not short on history and that there are miles of sandy beach for my mate Barnaby the dog to run freely unfettered.
So, sheā€™s booked a few days away in Amble. When I hear you ask ?, tomorrow, the middle of January, minus fuck knows degrees and a forecast of pissy weather. Her hearts in the right place, itā€™s just that her brains and her arse are misplaced on occasion. Oh well, winter draws on.

7 Likes

Result! There are loads of decent pubs around there with good food, excellent beer and nice log fires. Enjoy them at your leisure.

1 Like

Places to goā€¦ you can walk from Amble heading south along coastline to Druridge Bay.

Betterā€¦ you can head north along to Warkworth then on up to Alnmouth where the Red Lion pub awaits. The part from Amble to north of Warkworth isnā€™t on the beach tho.

You can drive to Boulmer and walk north along the beach, and head to Craster. In my opinion this is the best for views.

Craster north past Dunstanburgh to the Newtons is worth it for the Ship alone.

Seahouses/Beadnell south is also a winner as is Bamburgh. Youā€™ll love it regardless of weather.

4 Likes

Phew, your replies have heartened me somewhat. In reality Iā€™m looking forward to it, regardless of the weather. It will just be nice to get away for a while, I believe the Harbour Inn and the Harbour fish and chip shop are worth a visit, so could be a little bit heavier on return.

Bamburgh is great as is Seahouses. There is a crab shack at Seahouses by the Bamburgh Castle Inn on the front, that if it is open sells brilliant crab sandwiches

2 Likes

We stayed in Amble during winter a few years ago and around Northumbria quite a few times. Amble a lovely place to stay that fares better than most in poor weather. Especially it is great for short winter walks and the harbour is nice.
The old fashioned fish and chip shop is lovely and most likely in walking distance. I donā€™t think Holy Island or Kilder forest have been mentioned above and should should be considered as places to visit whilst you are there.

Have a great time.

1 Like

Holy Island is beautiful and if the tide is out the beach to the north of it is absolutely huge.

Be warned tho if you take the mutt to Holy Island, that there is a weed that is prevalent called Piri-Piri Burr and is fucking, and I mean FUCKING, awful for dogs as it gets stuck on their coats, and is impossible to remove without shaving the coat. I got caught out with this last year. It grows amongst the long grass on the coastline.

Best pubs in my opinion,

Jolly Fisherman in Craster for crab sandwiches.

The Olde Ship in Seahouses, more nautical tat hanging up than @MGOwner fireplace.
The Ship at Low Newton
The Red Lion at Alnmouth

5 Likes

I like the Old Ship at seahouses food is quite nice if memory serves me correct.

Make sure you check the tides if you are going to Holy Island

Alnwick Castle is also worth a visit

1 Like