More shit that doesn't merit its own thread (septic tank overflow alert)

All Ibis hotels are shit, I stayed in one last year in Hamburg, the wifi only covered half the bloody hotel, guess which half I was in. :rage:

Thatā€™s Lutonist that is. There was no need to mention Luton in that sentence, other than being Lutonist.

1 Like

Can she be a Tig with a Tag ?

You could have bunked in @MJ2 s place, itā€™s only 5 mins away, and, as a bonus, raided his Beerwulf stash.

As long as you donā€™t mind slumming it with the natives.

Agree the Ibisā€™s I tried have been shite.

Iā€™m pretty surprised Mark has been caught here. I had him down as a premier guy.

1 Like

Is that a forfeit for coming bottom in the sales figures or something?

First to benefit from the new ā€˜donā€™t jail anyone for less than a 6 month sentenceā€™ proposal?

Paging @Jimā€¦

5 Likes

Is that the one at the airport ? Once, very, very early one cold wet winterā€™s morning, I nearly set the fire alarms off there in a forgetting-the-self-service-toast-Iā€™d-left-in-the-most-primitive-toaster-Iā€™ve-ever-come-across incident. That would have made me popular.

VB

This is amazing really

All the lawyers I know are in commercial practices and make a fortune. These are not so lucky - who would become a criminal barrister?

1 Like

The coffee is shit in McDonalds. Theyā€™d be better off staying at Starbucks or Costa.

3 Likes

Good job its not these lawyers weā€™d be relying on to help us out if plod ever took an interestā€¦

(Iā€™ll admit, the micro violin was my first reaction til i read it)

It is those lawyers youā€™d be relying on, together with their Solicitor colleagues who get similar rates.

Iā€™m out of touch with this side of things, having stopped doing legal aid work in 2008 (as a result of the fees being so low!). Iā€™m sure all that is said in this article is true, but it is a worst case scenario. Counsel would normally be dealing with maybe 3,4 or 5 or more short hearings on a single day in one Court. So, would earn multiple fees.

Sentencings and short preliminary hearings are normally dealt with on a Friday, trials on other days. Counsel might have a big trial listed for the start of the week, where fees would be better, then shorter hearings on the Friday. Of course if Counsel can ā€œcrackā€ his trial (gulity plea, lesser charge etc etc) he or she gets a portion of his trial fee and can then take another trial the following day as he is now free.

I was considering going to the Bar myself in 2008, but decided Iā€™d be dealing with the same clients and could see that Iā€™d still be doing legal aid work. I changed discipline and now deal with private fee paying work. I see former colleagues and they say ā€œyou did such a wise thing getting outā€, whilst looking green with envy.

10 Likes

Iā€™ll bet when they looked into it carpeting the corridors was cheaper.

VB

4 Likes

They should join a union and get someone to argue their case.

Have you noticed that whenever there is an entity from another dimension who walks through walls with a swoosh noise they still have to use the spaceship floor to walk on.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what the Bar Counsel are doing.

I was thinking more of Unison. I think they represent public sector workers.
They have a high success rate in making sure workers get the minimum wage.