More shit that doesn't merit its own thread (septic tank overflow alert)

No, the ‘properties’ tab suggests they are both 2.4 GHz

Guest network?

It doesn’t say that it’s a guest one.

They both show up as available networks along with next door’s BT address

But the F1-5G_2G doesn’t seem to work as well although it does work from the same password.

I tap into next doors WiFi so don’t have these problems

8 Likes

Can you get them to improve it a bit so the dodgy streams run better in the second half of matches?

4 Likes

I’m surprised she hasn’t twigged that she was getting charged for the full sky sports package plus pay per view boxing for 8 years

6 Likes

This is only fair. You share with them by flinging dogshit over the fence and allowing them to ogle the Astra from a distance. Free WiFi is the least they can do in recompense.

4 Likes

She certainly got the hump when she realised she was paying for 2 lots of water gas and electric. Tight bint

9 Likes

And some people complain that communities don’t exist and share stuff anymore :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Fucking cheek. I bet she refuses to hoover the AstroTurf too. You just can’t get decent neighbours these days. They are all selfish cuntz nowadays.

1 Like

Just a dual band router. If you want to more easily identify one of them you can log into your router and change the name of the one you want to use. You can change it to “fuck you, this one’s secured” just to annoy any neighbors in range :slight_smile:

Or change the other one to “open network”, it obviously wont be, but said neighbours will spend ages trying to connect to it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

9 Likes

Martin Clunes and Eddie Izzard?

3 Likes

Not been in one for years, they were always over priced and more often than not didn’t have what you wanted. Music / DVD sales on a large scale in the expensive rental areas makes no sense. Small record shops in low rent areas are much more sense.

Another Amazon killed business, yet Amazon pay no taxes, Tories get to it.

FFS, they’ve just opened a new shop in Wigan, which every time I’ve been in there has been really busy (ok, in the run up to Xmas so maybe not representative) and now it could close again. WTF are they doing opening new shops when they’re on shaky ground?

So much, this.

Partly. Also, they had lost their way as a music retailer. Their business model was to draw them into closer competition with Amazon rather then offering something that Amazon couldn’t compete with. I stopped shopping in HMV after the first stint in administration because it had become bright, cold, shitly stocked with tat, expensive and dull and I should be a prime target customer, I haven’t ever used Amazon FFS.
Difficult times for retailers yes, but lasy arsed solutions are also a factor.

1 Like

It’s interesting that companies like Apple still see a future in town centre retailing.

The point about being in the town centre is that you need to offer a real service. It’s handy to have an Apple store, because then you can fondle to your heart’s content and get stuff fixed when it breaks. There’s a value in that.

HMV could have a value if it was a meeting point for music enthusiasts, had areas when you could listen (both on headphones and speakers, maybe), expert advice and the like. Plus live music. It could even sell coffee. But they shied away from adding value (except at Oxford St, maybe), and just sold product. That’s never going to win against online.

3 Likes