More shit that doesn't merit its own thread (septic tank overflow alert)

That pretty much describes Rough Trade.

3 Likes

HMVā€™s on-line offerings, although traditional (read dull / 20th Century) are often very competitive and, when you factor in their free p&p, meant that I often used them.

Just like their shops though, it is dull, without personality or identity (no story in todayā€™s parlance), so I fear that they wonā€™t even manage to save their on-line presence.

I bought an album at the Telford branch this Christmas. It was was Ā£4.00 more expensive than Amazon and Ā£2.00 for parking and I had to deal with people but I just hate using Amazon. Staff were good but couldnā€™t understand the concept that a gatefold album needed a gatefold cover rather than a normal one.

Itā€™s barely worth going to any shop that doesnā€™t offer something you cant buy online - either a service you need to get in person, or something you have to try. Parking is shit, traffic is shit, all the other fuckwits in town are shit, prices are shit, service is frequently shitā€¦ not much of an incentive

2 Likes

How the fuck does this work?

Michael Palin, yes (heā€™s been a knight before you knowā€¦)
Bill Beaumont, ok heā€™s got a top job in the game and anyway, Iā€™m not arguing with him
Dame Twiggy, why not? Still looks great and done good ambassadorial stuff

But fucking Redwood?

2 Likes

Votes cost you know!
Reckon he will fall in line with Mayā€™s deal now?

I read that gammon faced Sir Edward Leigh (already a knight) got made into a Privy Counsellor on the Friday before Christmas when it was thought no one would notice.

Votes are costing.

Very high margins on their products, typically 60%+.

1 Like

Co-op in Ore Village today

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing the photo was taken just before the Co-Op was mysteriously fire bombed.

1 Like
3 Likes

We need this chap for the AA entertainment committee

3 Likes

Shame his todgerā€™s smaller than a spoonā€¦:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Their meat sausage rolls are shit, so fuck knows what that crap tastes like.

5 Likes

I think they must purƩe the sausage meat. So the vegan one is filled with baby food then.

4 Likes

Vegans are the fucking bane of my life as a veggie. Every outlet seems obsessed with trying to pacify the idea of how big the market actually is (miniscule but disproportionately large media profile). The end result - things I quite like have the bloody cheese, eggs or dairy taken out of them to accommodate the 25 vegans in the UK on the off chance that they might turn up in their establishment.

There will be more meat eaters playing with vegan diets in January than there are actual full time vegans :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Lol, manufacturers have to make everything for vegans to be like meat products. :grinning:

1 Like