Motorcycle memory lane

Two classmates of mine went to that concert. 2-up, with camping gear, from Swindon - on one of these:

3 Likes

'tis true that the RD250 (and 350) YPVS’s were pretty nuts for their time.

3 Likes

Great bike, rhe FSIe :slightly_smiling_face:, although I had the far superior AP50

LOL, me too!

1 Like

:joy:

I almost purchased a Ducati M600 back in the day…my mate fell of his bike on some gravel in town the day before, he broke his collar bone, arm and leg and wrote off his bike.

That put me off…

3 Likes

I went AP50, GT250 (Great bike), original RD400, KH750 H2, Vauxhall Viva :pensive:. Halcyon days.

I started with one of these

Surprised I survived my time with it….

Then many years later I had this one

The bike that saved Ducati. The Superbikes (888, 916 etc) were the halo products, but it was Il Mostro that sold enough to keep them in business.

1 Like

My dream 70’s bike, I’ve got a mate stateside keeping an eye out for one in need of some love.

True story. Loads of publicity around the Suzuki X7 the first “Ton up” bike you could legally buy on L Plates.
To be fair it’s why I bought one.

1 Like

The Z1000 reminds me of going into Peter Collins bike shop on the way home from school in 1978. They were a Kawasaki dealer but more importantly also sold skateboards.

Peter Collins was a top Speedway rider at the time whose parents lived round the corner from us.

Love it. So much this in my teens.

Probably the closest I will ever get to the bike from Akira :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My first bike was the mighty Honda H100. Although it wasn’t much of a looker, it was more fun to ride than my mates restricted 125s. The dream bike back then was a Honda RC30.

7 Likes

That is a gorgeous thing.

Had an RG250 back in the day, lusted after this

Not the ultimate performer but it did look like the future to an 18 year old

Nah. Always looked like it was made out of jelly, to me.

1 Like

One of each please

Kawasaki-KZ1000R-03-parked-jpg

1 Like

I could live with either Kwaka.

1 Like