Motorcycle memory lane

I like jelly :grin:

My last bike was a Triumph Daytona with a penchant for leaving bits of itself around the countryside as they fell off.

73Triumph-Daytona-R

2 Likes

The Gsx1100et for me was the best looking muscle bike , a guy I worked with when I was 17/18 had one , Alfa pipe , straight bars. :heart_eyes:
We swapped bikes for the afternoon, he was whizzing around on my rd125lc , I was on his.

1 Like

I had a 350ypvs complete with allspeeds , think I sold it for around £450. :sob:

1 Like

If I had a garage and the time , and any skill whatsoever I’d love one of these image
Yamaha sdr200

Think the power to weight ratio might not be what it was for me in the 90s though.

1 Like

My nextdoor neighbour at Uni (1993ish) had an LC350. He wanted about £300 for the bike but I think my lowest 3rd party insurance quote was north of £3K so I didn’t buy it :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

My motorbike history is quite short, it started around 1980 with a honda express, and ended in the late 80s with a 250 honda that was nicked in Walthamstow and found burnt out a couple of days later.

I do remember having a kawasaki 125 just after they stopped allowing everyone to jump on a 250 at 17 to a pretty certain death. Of course the companies did there best to make the 125s faster to compensate for this. I remember nearly being flung off it at top speed when I hit a thickly painted white line. Poxy death trap.

Pillion on my mates 500 sumitorother, 3 o/c in the morning, Crystal Palace Parade at fucknose what speed. Turn left down the wiggly hill when he realised he couldn’t make the second bend so shot across the road down a one way street.
Cue much giggling and shitting of pants.
Never been on a kidney donor since

1 Like

My old one. Been trying to track in down its still alive and out there somewhere. Love to buy it back given half a chance.

6 Likes

Fantastic ! Do it.

That’s what I had but In wrangler colours. It was like that when I got it.
Is yours still getting taxed and motd then?
I’d love my old rd125 but while dvla show it hasn’t been scrapped , it’s not been taxed or motd in years.

That’s a lot of money for an old two stroke, however iconic.

My 1st and only bike bought when I was 17. It was ridiculously fast for someone (with little fear/common sense) coming from a push bike.
Inevitably I I spent a fair amount of time skidding on my arse and dragging it out of the hedge. I must have had a rare moment of clarity and sold it before I killed myself.
Suzuki Invader 200cc twin.

552a100facf904ce7ca6b2b2cc3954c93d41a721

3 Likes

The nostalgia thing is a great wallet loosener. Look at these fizzies:

nuts isnt it.

interesting that the 350YPVS makes almost 60hp. This thing makes 40hp but I suspect it rarely needs much more than an oil change

Yep currently taxed and mot
Tried tracking it down through a few of the owners forums no joy thus far.
Almost 40 years later and I still have the original Manual bill of sale and the spare key :smiley:

1 Like

Not original by any means but probly one of the nicest RD’s I have seen. Started out as a 350 then had a extra cylinder added making it a 550 triple, clever engineering and very well done.

6 Likes

Very nice. Am almost factory look to it.

Restomods are not my thing as a rule but that does look nice apart from those horrible discs

1 Like