Motoring horrors aka Edd wants

A good friend of mine had the slightly later version with the square rear lights and the 4 litre V8. Some of you saw it parked outside our place in Ilford when we had a bake.

Despite that it was very low mileage, one day when he was cruising along on the M54 motorway the back end suddenly collapsed causing him to lose control and flip it on the embankment. Subsequent investigation revealed there had been a catastrophic failure of the “sky hook” active suspension system :grimacing: :grimacing:

I get it in a historical sense. The old race cars are wonderful and the Ghibli, Khamsin and Bora are all seriously sexy cars. There is a Ghibli Spyder in Olney and to these eyes it’s one of the best looking cars ever made. Those are great Maseratis and I’d love any of them.

Then there is something heroically bonkers about the 80s and 90s ones; cars made of offcuts on a budget of 25p with only a vagina shaped clock for historical provenance. I wouldn’t want to own any of them (maaaybe a Shamal if I was rich and drunk) but I sort of get them on their headcase value.

The more recent ones are hamstrung by needing to be ‘not Ferrari’ and given that Ferrari is anything it feels like being these days, it leaves Maserati building niche weirdness. You don’t even get a vaginoclock :smiling_face_with_tear:.

1 Like

Nice looking car. But sadly that was over 50 years ago.

There were better options but it was the colour I liked and the condition. I would have offered £15,000.
Hear is a cheaper one.

Or this with those ugly tail lights.

2 Likes

If that genuinely has a full main dealer service history and one previous owner, it’s probably the only one remaining to have both those attributes.

Actually looking at the Coupe that is not a bad buy.
Offer him £8500 cash and that would be nice you only have one life. Part exchange welcomed. I have a Skoda CityGo.

1 Like

A friend of mine has the first one in your post, I have to say it’s rather a hand full!

2 Likes

Come across this and I like it. Any experience? 270 BHP

1 Like

I have a friend, who is a Peugeot mechanic. I will ask him about it.

1 Like

Run. They run away some more!

Buy this. It’s will give you a great appreciation of Land Rover and bmw reliability.

Seriously stay away from french cars especially Pughoe they are fucking shit. Every one I’ve had has been a soulless, unreliable bag of mouldy pig wank.

The Shitroen I had was just as shitty but at least had some character. Still wouldn’t buy another.

So that’s a no then.

1 Like

The car where the rear window costs more than than what you paid for it.

It’s got boobs for a roof: you should definitely buy it :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Numbered fucking print for the win…:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

I was swayed by the looks.

The good news is that it’s built at the Steyr factory in Austria so it’s not appallingly bolted together. The less good news is that however hard the Austrians try, some of the raw ingredients are absolute shite.

You’ll not get any buy-in on here unless it’s something German you’re looking at mate.

It has the best rear screen since Corvette days. Always looks fucking ace.

1 Like

If it was Japanese, Korean, even fucking Chinese I’d be fine with it but having had 2 Peugeot coupes in the past I can’t in good conscience not ridicule anyone contemplating buying one in anything other than some sort of masochistic mechanophilic spasm.

French cars are shite unless they are small fwd under equipped shitboxes for kids with their first real pay check or auto journos, fat on free lobster who can give the fucking things back after a day ragging it round a track, before the guts fall out of its arsehole.