Mumsnet time: mattresses

Just got our son a new Eve mattress in a box and he loves it.

Only downside is that it takes a week or so for the chemical smell to go.

Can this thread cover pillows too? Finding a ‘good’ pillow seems very difficult. Like the mattresses it’s somewhat subjective but it’d be interesting to hear suggestions.

Memory foam!
Trouble is you feel it when you stay elsewhere.
Lots of hotels oblige now, though.

sorry is true. We ditched our Tempur memory foam mattress after about three weeks as I was way too hot. Expensive mistake

We now have a Vi-Spring bought in John Lewis

1 Like

Vispring laughs at your pauper’s mattresses that only cost four figures. Make sure to sit down if looking at prices :rofl:

1 Like

Janbald did the research and found that for very little extra you can get the bed as well as the mattress.

Expensive?
No return option? The newer ranges have layers to combat heat issues. But it is an inherent issue.

I’m liking the washable top covers nowadays. I suspect I will try one out as my shoulders are raw from pressure when I sleep.

Highly subjective!

I prefer a mixed combo of hollowfill on the bottom with the best goose down I can afford on top. I’m so fussy about pillows.

1 Like

was years ago

There’s also the issue of whether you have a divan or just a hard unsprung base. Also toppers. fucking hell.

try the Savoir prices. Makes Vi-Spring look like a bargain.

1 Like

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-the-ultimate-collection-cashmere-pocket-spring-zip-link-mattress-medium-super-king-size/p2717498

15 of your English grands.

Jesus, this could make the mince pie thread redundant. Testing will be tough going, mind.

1 Like

The plating co I use had a Chinese business man ship bespoke mattress parts to them so each spring could be gold plated. True story

I suggest the OP gets a waterbed with built in Schumann resonator

3 Likes

Pillow talk:

1 Like

Very happy with my Hypnos pocket sprung mattress.

1 Like

When we bought ours we took the opportunity to buy the kings size bed…for reasons.

did you get the walls upholstered?

Norfolk is flatter than that…