Mumsnet: Tooth puller recommendations

I need a dental implant, Googling leaves me totally lost as to who’s any good or what you should pay*…any thoughts/advice welcome and/or any recommendations for trustworthy implant dentists in the London/Surrey/SouthEast?

*according to objective reviews all dentists are wonderful, brilliant, caring human beings who will transform your life😐

Two grand per implant, maybe a couple of hundred cheaper. Are you wanting one or two or a full set?

I can only recommend a fella in Manchester I’m afraid.

Don’t go for micro implants.

Do go for sedation and make sure you can get your hands on some 30mg co codomol, enough for a few days after.

1 Like

A successful street wise bloke I know goes to a place in Kerala India. Had his whole mouth done and had a free holiday. No problems at all and recommends them :grin:.

3 Likes

A friend of mine has been setting up some thing with a high-end dentist in Ukraine. I think his father-in-law invested in the place, and he had some pretty serious work done (4 implants and other stuff) and he was so impressed with the standard of work and the cost vs UK dentists, that he’s made some formal arrangement with them to represent them in the UK and help people make arrangements. I think essentially even with flights etc, you’ll save an immense amount, and visit a beautiful place at the same time. I just found the Facebook page he’s set up for them, and it has a UK number, which I assume is his.

3 Likes

Solpadeine Max FTW!

1 Like

Oramorph nails it nicely.

1 Like

Paramol, has dihydrocodeine rather than codeine, smaller amount but it’s fucking strong.

Can’t beat tramadol but having spent 6 months trying to come off that shit I’m not taking it again unless I have to.

1 Like

Great reviews. I’ve liked them to bookmark it.

You might also get to see / meet some Ukranian women. A major plus too.

2 Likes

Cool thanks Nick, I’d discounted going abroad but this looks well worth investigating and I will.

1 Like

I’m afraid Irina Press (that’s her on the right) is dead, but Tamara is still alive. I’m sure she could tell you a tale or two …

VB

1 Like

I took this for a month following a surgical accident and then further surgery . I recall horrible dreams, being like a cabbage most of the time, but no pain. I handed in a huge amount to my local Boots who were amazed at this. I stopped using it early and I’m not going to use it again if I can help it.

1 Like

I think you will have to make two trips. Generally, an implant will need a six month period to make sure it isn’t rejected and that the gum heals properly around it. There will be a temporary crown initially and then a permanent one fitted 6 months later. I have a friend who did the Kerala thing a couple of years running but he was getting quite a few done which made it worthwhile. I think it costs a third of what it does here.

1 Like

It’s just paracetamol and some caffeine, tried that, didn’t touch it. I had a gob full of teeth out and so glad I didn’t go abroad.

A lot of the foreign ones go for all on for in a day on micro inserts, barge pole material.

The NHS were fucking useless at sorting out pain killers, raided left overs in my mates cupboards, had a cocktail that’s for sure.

I should mention that inserts can fail to take and will need re inserting, the are no guarantees. A gob full of full size inserts should last fifteen years, more of you go for fixed over removable. It’s worth reading some of the published papers rather than the marketing shite and ask the dentist what brand of insert they use, why, and what the track record and risks are.

2 Likes

Solpadeine is paracetamol and codiene.

1 Like

But only 8 mg per dose of para. It’s over the counter and you would od on para if you tried to neck 60 mg of coedine four times per day using solpedine or paramol or the other OTC pain killers.

Fuck me, I wouldn’t shit for a month :grinning:

Fentanyl takes the edge off irritations, like Mondays or poor de nattas. Prolly work for toothache.

3 Likes

Two Solpadeine Max (the adult dose) give you 25mg of codeine and a gramme of para https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/3923/smpc. Still not 60mg though …

VB