Munich 2023

Anyone thinking of going to Munich next year?
18th to 21st May

Possibly

Lots of shit to sort out first, but I’ll try

1 Like

I hope to make it :+1:

I hope to make it.

I’m torn - I’d like to go very much, but it’s also a shit ton of cash that I could be ploughing directly into my own hifi.

1 Like

Still on my list to get there, hoping to go next year.

Flights booked.

It’s only going to get more expensive from now on, and I’m eager to avoid a repeat of last year’s £1k to Berlin fiasco.

1 Like

I have been dithering.
I need to get it all booked

1 Like

Changed my mind
Prices have increased considerably since my last visit.
Probably another Brexit bonus!

Given other trips planned this year this is going to be a stretch too far, so no Munich for me this year. :confused:

3 Likes

FWIW my flights were £241, but I’m staying with a buddy in the suburbs, and a mystery shop at the hotel where I usually stay suggested ~£600 so yeah, I think I would have balked at that.

2 Likes

After I thoughtlessly booked myself in with hold luggage that I probably won’t need :man_facepalming:

I am flying out Monday evening for a week in Munich.

If anybody is visiting, please drop by and say hello at Bemax / Living Voice in Atrium 4.2 Room E220 :+1:

Weather is looking a bit rubbish :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :sun_behind_rain_cloud: which is disappointing, beer in the evening sunshine will be missed.

8 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CsYkOB1ArJ9/?igshid=NjZiM2M3MzIxNA==

That first comment somewhat reflects the system I heard the year I went. Great on some stuff, but then completely fell apart with some Led Zeppelin to me.

1 Like

Living Voice sounding much better than Whittlebury, nice to meet and have chat with Simon.

6 Likes

WAF pretty much zero really :laughing:

1 Like

playing

@thebiglebowski 's doppelganger is hogging the sweet spot, and he ain’t moving.

Are those acoustic panels behind the speakers, or just decoration?

They have competition.

This is why I like Hi Fi Deluxe. It’s a lot quieter, and most of the stuff is completely unacceptable and quite bonkers.

4 Likes

7’ tall bongs the current winners.