My new listening room

So after nearly 18 months of house renovation I finally have a new listening room :smiley: Still work to do but I’m getting there.

and I built myself a new rack

The Kuzma is still packed away while I have a play with the Raven One and the (new to me) Raven 10.5 arm. Currently using my Shelter 5000 as I have a good idea of how that cart sounds.

Really happy with the results although it is not without it’s issues. I had no idea how the Wilsons (Sophia 3s) would react with the room. My biggest fear was loads of bass resonance issues but just wheeling them out of their crates and toeing them in towards the listening spot they simply disappear when listening. However with glass on all walls except behind them the room is a bit lively so it looks like I will need to dabble with some acoustic treatment of some sort. Also there is actually a lack of bass or maybe its just more controlled than I imagined. Probably the castors don’t help but for now they are far more practical than trying to shift the things with spikes on although the previous owner always had the castors on. I just need to work out what room issues need looking at but my knowledge of room acoustics is embarrassingly poor so any suggestions welcome and I need to have a proper read of the Wilson manual but one thing at a time :smile:

The room is 8m wide dropping down to 6.5m on the end blue wall and 6.5m deep so almost a square box with loads of glass. What could possibly go wrong :roll_eyes:

59 Likes

Looks great Nick, very jealous!

1 Like

Congrats Nick! Room looks great, guess you’ll have seen this already

https://youtu.be/UOI8py0DAC8

1 Like

Really like it Nick. Great job on the rack.
Like the light and dark colours.

1 Like

That is a great looking room. I hope you really enjoy it once you are happy with your setup.

1 Like

No I haven’t seen that Dan. It looks like a highly expanded version of what is in the manual. Cheers I will take a look. :+1:

Great room Nick.

My advice would be to sit back and enjoy it for a while before you start tweaking, plenty of time for that.

3 Likes

Guitar corner looks very smart.
Is that a big Boss amp?

Looks excellent!

I agree with Paul, get listening and enjoying. As you fill the room, the liveliness will abate, so don’t do much until it’s close to how you want to live in it. Giving the speakers more wall might help with the bass as well.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Katana Artist Graham and a baby Air on the unit on the right hand side.

1 Like

Stunning room Nick.

1 Like

Room looks fab Nick.

1 Like

Great looking room Nick!

1 Like

Awesome looking room Nick, congrats.

1 Like

Nice, very nice Nick … Needs horns :wink:

4 Likes

Looks great.