New £50 note

Musical magicians = Scientists :+1:

1 Like

Twit

3 Likes

Clapton, seriously? Is the £50 destined to be the default Gammon currency?

Although he’s expressed what appears to be genuine regret over his youthful racist shit, so I’ll give him a pardon too.

1 Like

Meh!

I reckon the collective AA vote should go unanimously to the scientist on the Antarctic expedition that was such a relentless cunt that his colleague eventually stabbed him.

3 Likes

Surely a map of Colombia, as most will be used for their marching powder anyway :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Did he, I thought he refused to?

So Clapton says he was “semi-racist”?

That’s a crap-ton of bollocks. Sounded like racism to me.

Ah, fair play. Clapton apologised for being a horrible racist immediately in 1976 and didn’t wait until the 42nd anniversary of the event was on the horizon to own up to being an utter cunt (and a racist).

He said sorry so that is OK then. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Fuck me, it’s a good job he wasn’t a total racist :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Outside of the archive footage I find it remarkable he can remember what he said. I do not believe he is a racist, his decades of charitable work (See crossroads rehab) and recent documentary (Again he apologized) showed his bullshit placed into context - He was wankered (Mentally unwell) bitterly resentful and depressed with everyone and everything…He probably would have fit right in here.
In the preceding decades he has not been a cunt and has been instrumental in helping a large number of people recover from Alcohol and drugs. (The knock on effects of this for family friends and all concerned is no trifle)

He fucked up and made amends.

5 Likes

I don’t think alcohol or drugs make you racist they just remove the inhibitions and allow those opinions to flow freely.

Fair play to his charity work for rehabilitation etc but I still think underneath all that he is still racist but now sober.

1 Like

Roseanne Barr would agree with you

Eric is not a racist. He is a completely different person from those days. People can and do change and he has.

5 Likes

I think that everyone has inner demons of some kind; this may be fear of the different, which could manifest as racism if allowed.

As humans we try to control our feelings, and not express the feelings that we don’t like. Sometimes this control is not 100% effective - drink and drugs can make it harder.

I have no real interest in what Clapton may have thought, said or meant, either recently or many years ago, but he’s not spouting vile stuff now, so I’m going to save my hate for the many that are.

8 Likes

Hammer nail interface right there

1 Like

Clapton is just a shit cunt. He can do one for his entire solo career.

As Clapton isn’t a Scientist, and is not dead he probably doesn’t qualify.

I propose Robert Hooke.

He got none of the credit he deserves because Newton was a cunt.

1 Like
2 Likes