New amp again

What’s stopping you?

Got to be a sh set of scales :+1:

2 Likes

Fcuk yeah.

I came this >< close to buying the original for about 10k.

Looks like about 2k for a second-hand low-end one now :+1:

Plus it would garner near universal opprobrium here, so it’s all win.

I only just noticed this. That would be about 12 grand over budget. Plus with 1000w I can’t immediately think of any continents I want levelled.

1 Like

I fancied that NAD too.

I sympathise, I carefully run any speaker past my wife first now to save aggro .

what you need to do is choose your speakers and get your wife to pay for them :grin:

1 Like

How on earth do you get that to happen?!

What speakers are you using

Wilson Benesch arcs.

Very fuzzy picture taken 2 seconds ago.

3 Likes

I didn’t have any trouble as such.

Just had a bulging capacitor (the amp was over 10 years old) and even though the amp was well out of warranty, and I’d bought it 2nd hand anyway, Perreaux sent me an entire new board with capacitors on completely free of charge. Outstanding customer service in my book.
I just had to find someone competent to fit it - sadly I couldn’t find such a person and had to use @bmtell.:rofl:

Only joking, Mark did a brilliant job and the amp was perfect afterwards.:+1:

4 Likes

Looks like a nice space for the Zero’s. They will look much nicer than those WB’s with speaker cable running all along the floor, and you can get rid of all the hifi boxes - just put an Auralic Mini behind the main speaker:

Happy days!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I heard the WB Discoveries at Munich a few years ago driven by a Viva pre-monos combo and it was imho sensational.

1 Like
1 Like

Just seen that they do the naim thing on it’s own for a lot nearer your budget.

1 Like