New career ideas

People can pay me to put clothes on and go-away, yes?

3 Likes

Get the wife to move into conveyancing. As far as I can tell they just sit about for a month or 2 asking for money for random searches and then run about with their hair on fire the week before moving date. All while charging all that traffic will bear.

Do you have any hobbies you could hawk on Etsy?

An interesting take. You’d probably make £millions :rofl:

Also: Alpacas.

2 Likes

Cunt! :angry:

1 Like

Well, you’ve got my number, it seems. :grinning:

5 Likes

:rofl: :wink:

Magistrates, part time work, money’s not bad and you would both have the temprement for it. They are recruting 2000 of them at the moment.

3 Likes

That’s actually a good shout, would love to be a justice of the peace.
You don’t need the legal knowledge with the justices’ clerk, but it would be a nice bonus.

Not such a good shout Bob, seems they don’t get paid

From .Gov site

Magistrates are not paid, but many employers allow their employees time off with pay.

If you lose out on pay, you can claim an allowance at a set rate, as well as allowances for travel and subsistence.

That’s no good then, no wonder they are all middle class near retirement types.

eBay drop seller it is then👌

Think it’s only stipendary magistrates that get paid, they tend to be qualified lawyers, iirc.

Get elected to the council but I think they don’t pay well either and lots of evening meetings interfering with my naps, the search continues

1 Like

Koi carp breeding - can generate nice returns

Become a shaman performing rituals & incantations in your darkened spare room for rich, ‘I took Ayahuasca last summer darling’ clientele - can generate nice returns

Use spare room as an agency for mercenaries & ex army types willing to go on ship to defend against Somali pirates. - can generate nice returns

Get a camera, a police scanner and offer bribes to friends of B list celebrities. Bingo you’re a paparazzi now - can generate nice returns

Buy a Japaneese Raku Kiln then start a blog & product line for well seasoned cast pans - can generate nice returns (Probably sell a few here to boost your Google rankings.)

1 Like

Have you got something of little value that you might swap for something slightly more valuable ? Then repeat until you have enough money that you don’t need to work at all.

Registrar - I know a couple of people doing this part time, seems very flexible.

Much easier dealing with couples at the start rather than end of marriage :grinning:

Registrar of births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships | Explore careers | National Careers Service

Depending upon the experience and expertise that you can offer, non exec roles can be a good way to wind down your career.

Do a night shift a few miles from home and you get decent £s

https://www.magistrates-association.org.uk/magistrates-allowances

Might have a go at that, guessing previous convictions would give me a head start experience wise over other candidates.

3 Likes

1 Like