New Listening Room build

In your situation I would really try to get a handle on the room and the layout with your existing kit before venturing out to the new system. I guess a lot of it can be sorted after the fact though.

1 Like

I’m cuntfused - All this looking for issues prior to the fact is getting in the way of an excellent idea. Massive horns.

Massive, beautiful end game horns.

8 Likes

Exactly, if all you have is a fucking wardrobe, fill it with massive horns. :+1:

5 Likes

MASSIVE.

5 Likes

9 Likes

I think it is about 2ft further away than in his previous place :wink:

1 Like

When listening to them there I always wanted to be a fair bit further away. In the same room mind, just not quite as close.

We wanted that too. :+1::grin:

8 Likes

Embrace Moar.

7 Likes

Fantastic work. Similar to what Tim Gurney is doing in France? Possibilities to hang a tweeter enclosure in the mouth like these?

Jim’s problem is the same as mine in getting that range from around 20Hz to 100Hz using horns in a room of that size. Most solutions just take up so much space. So pleased I got the tapped horns and they work in my room.

1 Like

All of these should be the absolute minimum.

Also I will be disappointed if I can’t listen to it on an ikea chair with a general smell of stale fart surrounded by forumites on their phones.

1 Like

Bliss.

This pic is my favourite. It just looks like some hoarding eccentric until you realise that he has a monster bass horn exiting through the wall and every bit of tat in the room is going walkies over whatever its stood on. :rofl:

7 Likes

Please God make that his kitchen and he’s just waiting for the pinger to go off.

2 Likes

Alexa, set a timer for 5 minutes…Wait for the fog-horn to sound🤣.

3 Likes

Yes, I just use open baffle, it’s all I can fit in but more than happy with it. Heres the room at the moment.

15 Likes

6 Likes

Room ? What room ?

1 Like

Your room would probably fit in one of those speeks. :wink:

2 Likes

5 Likes