New: Recommend a New Car or just moan about random cars šŸ™„

Sounds interesting, what has stopped you using it again?

Iā€™m genuinely interested. A make and model perhaps?

I guess you mean the new car that no one wants. The thing is, if you buy a new car that no one wants you then have a car that will depreciate even more than the Skoda we were discussing? Plus its unlikely to have the reliability or the build quality.

This is why I have never bought a new car.

Not bought a new car since - would deffo use it again if I was buying a new one.

1 Like

Sorry but Iā€™m not yer man for this, I really canā€™t stand most modern cars and think theyā€™re massively over inflated in general - the financing explosion has meant that the rising tide lifts all ships.

I dunno, buy Korean, they may not make you feel special or keep you up with the Joneses but theyā€™re relatively keenly priced, well engineered, have long warranties. Nothing special to drive, but then I did say it was likely the car you donā€™t want.

2 Likes

I had a hyundai hire car in the states. It was pretty decent and if I was buying new I could imagine considering one.

That was a Skoda L & C model.

You can get a 2018 Skoda Superb Estate for Ā£23,500.

Still available cheaper if you haggle hard. Iā€™ve always thought increases in engine size justify price premiums but not for plastic trim and features/ gimmicks that you may not use and are poor vfm (highest manufacturer margin).

So, went in to collect my car from the Service debacle and had a chat about my current PCP.
Much angst and sucking of teeth (salesman not me) and I have a new deal on a new car. Alongside my carā€™s value, with my service bill (Ā£1045) taken off of the list price, Ā£4000 Dealer Contribution, plus an extra Ā£1000 by way of a sweetener, along with free chip and ding cover, armour plating for the paint, and front floor mats thrown in, it was a no brainer!

There happened to be a couple of what I wanted sitting in the docks, so I should get my new Mazda 6 SE-Nav+ Auto Tourer in a couple of weeks.

10 Likes

I can assure you it will be way better than the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Enterprise have supplied. I have never used a car user interface that is so counter intuitiveā€¦

Is it Lexus level awful?

worse I reckon. It took me and the enterprise man 5 minutes of head scratching to even get the damn thing in ā€œdriveā€.

I have just had to download the pdf user manual to work out how to play MP3s from a USB stick.

Time for beer!

You read the manual? That is disgraceful behaviour. Verging on unpatriotic.

:face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Ist class training for the second time today then :wink:

1 Like

When the only way you can cope with a car is through booze, the manufacturers have failed badly

1 Like

They called it a PHEV, thatā€™s gotta mean itā€™s utter shite.

Pathetic Half-baked Excrutiating Vomitorium

1 Like

Thatā€™s similar to what I might get. How far up the spec food chain is that?

Base = SE+
SE Nav+
SE Nav Lux (SE Nav+ leather. No Auto)
Sport Nav+
GT Sport Nav+

Cool, I think I was thinking about the sport nav+ but canā€™t remember why. I currently have an old TS2 with leather seats.

Sport Nav+ is an SE Nav+ with leather, 19" wheels and chrome highlights.