New (used) car for my 70 yr old Mum

I’ve got to throw it in the mix, as we have never had a minutes trouble with ours - Fiat 500.

Volvo V70, but be careful about those seats and their adjustment :scream:

LS430? Will do 25mpg on a run.

Modern VWs are absolute shit. Only buy if you want to throw money away.

1 Like

Drove the Poo-jo version recently (Partner Portaloo) and it was OK. A bit big, though and not as good as the MkI version.
Brother has a C1 and hates it because you need to rev the engine and hang on to the gears. Not an issue with the auto, I guess.

1 Like

Boxster

VW Up!. We have two. The basic 3 door will go when the right buy of a full 5 seater saloon shows up but the 5 door High Up! will stay long term. Has all the necessary bells and whistles, heated seats and air con. 50+ mpg. £20 tax. Very good ride. Capable of 500+ mile round trip in a day and you don’t feel frazzled when you get home. The C1 was a demented screamer of a buiscit tin. Avoid. The Up! is better than the daughters Aygo. Can be had as auto. or as a Skoda. Truly feels like a much bigger car and this from someone who has driven 5 series for 500,000 miles over the years.

2 Likes

Fiat panda.
IMG_3173

My 87 yr old just got Citroen c1 and it’s been great

This could well be the case. Although my friend loves her C1, I doubt she ever exceeds 20mph.

We looked at one for Jenny before buying the Kia, it really has a cheap and nasty feel to it. The Hyundai i10 is in a different league.

1 Like

Plus the Hyundai has a 5 year warranty.

1 Like

For the £5-6k you can get a decent spec fiesta with a 1L 3 cylinder (turbo) engine. They are good cars, drive and ride very well.

1 Like

Thanks for all the helpful replies and all the other stuff too

Gonna be a Hyundai i10

2 Likes

Before you make a decision, I would consider the Hyundai i10 :+1:

1 Like

Good choice mate, I drive an i20 1.4d and love it, but have had i10s in the past as courtesy cars. I was very pleasantly surprised how good they are. Did I mention the 5 year warranty? :grin:

My eldest daughter drives an i20 (1.2 petrol) and she loves it; totally reliable and gutless, just what the elderly need.

I had an i10 as a courtesy car, it was so bland I barely remember it. Perfect choice

1 Like